Comparison Deere 5055e etc vs. Kubota: 3rd function FEL

/ Deere 5055e etc vs. Kubota: 3rd function FEL #1  

lipancreek

Tractor
JD 5065e, Ford 5610S
I am starting to research a new tractor. I want to have a 3rd function valve for the FEL so I can use a grapple and maybe shears. I was leaning towards a JD 5065e (or 5055/5075 depending on price) but when I mentioned the 3rd function valve I was told on the JD I'd have to run it off the rear remote, so therefore I'd be unable to use the grapple and the FEL functions simultaneously. Not to mention the Deere proprietary quick attach. I understand Kubota makes this easy with their 3rd function kit and skid steer quick attach system. Can you put a 3rd function valve on the Deere that will have a button or rocker switch on the FEL joystick to operate the grapple? If so, is it a Deere product or something aftermarket? I can't find anything like this in the Deere build-it-now system.

/ Deere 5055e etc vs. Kubota: 3rd function FEL #2  
Your JD dealer is correct on the 3rd function for the loader, its extended from the rear remote. There is however a SSQA (skid steer quick attach) carrier available as an option from JD. There are aftermarket options available for a true independent 3rd function on your loader.

The Kubota setup is indeed a true independent 3rd function.

/ Deere 5055e etc vs. Kubota: 3rd function FEL #3  
I'd call WR Long for an aftermarket kit. Valve Kits

As mentioned Deere does have an option for the ssqa.

As a owner I'm obligated to say my Kubota kit was installed in half a day when it came in and works great.

Good luck with what ever you choose.

/ Deere 5055e etc vs. Kubota: 3rd function FEL #4  
The factory (standard) loader joystick on a 5055E does not have 3rd function built in. Dealer told me you could add electric splitter to one of the loader ports (mid mount) and have the button attached to the joystick lever, apparently they had done some that way for round bale huggers etc. Doesn't tie up rear remote and you don't have to take your hand off joystick to use. Just doesn't look as "neat" as a built in button.

/ Deere 5055e etc vs. Kubota: 3rd function FEL
Thanks everyone. To follow up, since my original post I clarified with a different person (sales guy at local JD dealer) very specifically about my options and was told no they don't install 3rd function on E series tractors - they only run it off the rear like KennyD said. To do something different along the lines of what Farmer495 said it sounds like here I either have to do it myself or find an independent to install 3rd party parts. Sales guy did point out the M series is fully 3rd function capable. But of course that's a whole lot more money.

This is making my JD/Kubota choice a lot easier.