eBay/Craigslist EBAY FRAUDS, FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE...

/ EBAY FRAUDS, FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE...
I actually sent two emails through that page, I clicked on
"questionable listing" which took me to another page where I
clicked on "fraudulent listing" and sent via the box that opened
up.

Also sent directly to the address I've used before, vero something
that has helped me with simple copyright infringement issues. I
think I also sent a direct email to an address I had used before
something in their "safe harbor" section. I figured one of them
would work, 12 hours later, nothing yet.

thanks

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif<font color="blue">D</font><font color="orange">E</font> <font color="green">L</font>/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ EBAY FRAUDS, FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE... #22  
I was bidding on a chainsaw a couple of weeks back. Got an e-mail asking if I wanted a good deal on it. Since I had just been outbid the day before, I asked just what he was selling, he replied the blankety blank chainsaw. I sent a copy of both e-mails to e-bay's questionable transaction page. I have received no acknowledgement. I bought a different saw.

/ EBAY FRAUDS, FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE... #23  
Like I said before in another thread and got blasted for it. E-bay is rife with scams and scam artists in all catagories. I no longer do E-bay for a variety of reasons including scams like yours. E-bay, Stay Away. J

/ EBAY FRAUDS, FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE... #24  
I've reported a couple of fraudulent auctions and it usually takes E-Bay at least a day to even look at it. Also, they will not give you any more information on what they have found out or have done, but you'll see that the auction has been ended (invalid) if they cancel it.

We had our E-Bay account stolen a few weeks back from somebody in Canada. I guess they hacked our account and changed our password and e-mail address. My wife found out that day (E-Bay junkie) but it took several hours to get our account back!

Even though E-Bay has its problems, other sites, especially Yahoo's, are many times worse.

/ EBAY FRAUDS, FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE... #25  
People need to think of eBay as a yard sale. I personnaly just don't "get" the idea of trying to sell large heavy expensive items through eBay. I personally would never buy an item of great value "sight unseen" while paying in advance. Why would I think that anyone else would.

BUT for items of modest value (under $100), I find it a great resource for liquidating items I no longer need.

I have had mostly good experiences there (~110 good feedbacks, 0 neg).

/ EBAY FRAUDS, FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE... #26  
Yep.. that is a big red flag when a seller approcahes you off the auction to sell the item... You loose your ebay protection that way as well.

Soundguy

/ EBAY FRAUDS, FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE... #27  
I sell stuff on ebay all the time. I never have a reserve and I start the item low it generates more interest. I have never cancelled an item I always let them sell no mater what the price. Thats the chance you take at an auction.

/ EBAY FRAUDS, FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE... #28  
I'm right now in the "getting the check" stage of a sale. I sold a pneumatic floor stapler for the hardwood floor I put down.

I told the buyer (located in US) I don't care if he uses a personal check or cashiers check... but I'd not take a counter check.

All I'm going to do when I get the check is call the bank it's drawn on, verify it's good... then after discussing it with the bank, I'll send it TO the bank (endorsed, copy of my drivers license..what ever the conversation with bank dictates) and I'll ask them to cash it, send BACK a cashiers check to me. I'll enclose an overnight for them to use and will have them take the price of the casheirs check out of my proceeds (over $500)

This way I figure, I'll find out quickly if it's a "good" check, and by sending overnight to the bank and having them return to me THEIR casheirs check, I figure I'm safe from bad payment.

Any error in my logic?

(oh... and since we do a lot here via overnight, it's no biggie for me to send that way...besides, if the buyer WERE to try to fake me out with funds temporarily in bank, I figure this method might catch them offguard)

Richard

/ EBAY FRAUDS, FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE... #29  
I've only had one transaction on E-bay and it was a positive one. I bid on a computer about 6 months ago and won. It was a new one with an amd 2500 processor with an Asrock motherboard, 512 of 2700 memory, an 80 gig hard drive, 400 watt power supply ,a floppy disk,a good 64 meg video card and good quality 52x cd burner. It has 2 usb ports on the front and 4 in the back and came with windows XP pro. Delivered to my house it cost me $435.00 I added another cd player to it from Newegg for $23.00 delivered. I couldn't even come close to that price anywhere else with the quality components it has. I overnighted the guy a money order and had the puter 6 days later. I'm not sure i would do that now tho. Me and him had a lot of e-mails back and forth and i had confidence in him. The only thing is he never left me no feedback, so my rating is still 0.

/ EBAY FRAUDS, FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE... #30  
Most sellers won't leave feedback unless you leave feedback for them first. The reason is that many buyers will zing a seller because of some minor thing that the seller has no control over, but would have dealt with had they know. I know of someone that gave negative feedback an hour after the auction ended and said that the seller didn't send them an address where to send the money to soon enough. Some people don't have a clue as to how e Bay works and that is what leads to the confusion. It is no different than buying a tractor... once you learn the ropes, it is easy and rewarding.