Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader?

/ Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader?
As TSO pointed out, the XU5065 might be a great option for you. Smaller frame, all kinds of power and I think large enough to qualify from the HST (sales tax) exemption.

Yes, thanks. It sounds like it might be a good option. I'm going to look further into it (even though the dealers suck). It's size and features sound just about right. Got to sift thru the MF and Kioti sites a bit more, they seem like possibly the other options. Kubota doesn't have anything comparable. JD is too expensive. Case and NH (round here) don't have much support for the little guys (but I did love my TC23)

/ Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader? #122  
Thanks. So the treadle pedal sounds pretty much the same as foot controls on a skid steer then? I had a NH LS160 for a few years a while back with foot controls for the loader and drive control from the 2 levers. I much prefer that over dual joystick in a SS. Would be fine for E-hoe but wouldn't want it for swing, that's for sure

Yeah, now that I think about it, the E-hoe pedal is sort of like a skid steer loader control pedal. I'm actually getting pretty good with the swing control pedals for my backhoe...if you really need to be precise, it's no problem at all. For example, when you line up the hoe for the pin that locks it from swinging during transport, you can move it a tenth of an inch with ease...no problem at all. The harder part is making large, fast movements, and stopping the bucket exactly where you want it to be. I'm starting to get comfortable with that already, and I can see how with maybe a week it would be second nature. I may have to do a video of that after I get some more seat time.

/ Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader? #123  
Yes Bart, that does sound a bit tight with no room for error. Kinda like when I'm trying to thread between 2 stagger parked cars while backing up to a garage door doing snow removal. How about adding the clutch pedal with your left foot? Or are you using the new BH and don't have a clutch?

Yes, I was talking about using the BH which doesn't have a clutch pedal (but does have clutch buttons on the shifter and loader control lever). Needless to say, I try being very careful when I'm backing up to vertical drop-offs!

/ Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader? #124  
Just curious but does your backhoe have an automatic return to level on the front bucket. Ran a 310 deere once that did it was nice.

/ Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader? #125  
Just curious but does your backhoe have an automatic return to level on the front bucket. Ran a 310 deere once that did it was nice.

Yes, Case calls it "Return To Dig." It seems pretty handy! You can adjust it within a certain range for how much of a bite you want it to take (haven't messed with that yet).

/ Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader? #126  
Yes, Case calls it "Return To Dig." It seems pretty handy! You can adjust it within a certain range for how much of a bite you want it to take (haven't messed with that yet).

If I remember right that's what we called it also. Wasn't sure how universal the name was. Is it standard on all backhoes. Or just newer ones.

/ Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader?

Deere is offering something similar on some of the larger AG tractors. I forget what they are calling it. 2 different pre-programable settings. They advertise it for repetitive tasks like stacking hay or moving pallets

/ Cab, 12x12 shuttle and self-leveling loader? #128  
If I remember right that's what we called it also. Wasn't sure how universal the name was. Is it standard on all backhoes. Or just newer ones.

It seems all the newer machines have something similar, but I don't know how far back that goes.