American made tractor?

/ American made tractor? #12  
Deere uses parts that originated elsewhere. But they aren't putting the wheels on something they buy ftom a supplier, like say a Nortrac. (which I am not knocking)

Very many parts on my 4310 are labeled Made in USA.

Nuff said.

/ American made tractor? #13  
not sure there is anything 100% usa made today, probably is but for the most part almost everything will have parts made elsewhere.

/ American made tractor? #14  
The biggest deeres are made in Germany...

Only the 6000 series tractors are made in Germany. They are a bigger utility size tractor.

The biggest deere, the 7000, 8000, and 9000 series are 100% made in America. I just bought an 8320 and personally watched each step of the process. Then I watched the final assembly of my tractor and drove it off the assembly line. The 5x20 series comes close to being all made in the USA. The cab, engine, drivetrain, are made in the US but some parts are imported but not many. The tractors that are made in Germany are the 6015 and 6020 series. The 5x03 series are made at a JD plant in India where most of those tractors are purchased. JD has a 5x05 series that is made at a deere plant in Mexico. The 4000 series was already explained.

/ American made tractor? #15  
Gravely may have been the last one. Studebaker marketed them for a while, as they did some Mercedes. The last buyer, Ariens, has decided to quit making them.

The local dealer said that Bransons are made here but use Yanmar engines, like John Deere does.

Didn't know about NH being Italian.

At least we still have Briggs and Kohler making good small gas engines. Tecumseh ones aren't worth peeing on. Do we have any American-made small diesels?

Ralph

/ American made tractor? #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="red"> The 4000 TEN series mid chassis and large chassis are made in USA </font> )</font>

I believe they are assembled in the US.

/ American made tractor? #18  
Bill if I were looking for a new tractor today I would be more interested in dependability, value, and where I might purchase spare parts then where it was made. But then again that only my opinion.

/ American made tractor? #19  
Hi, my name is Steve, and my tractor was made in Japan.
I like my tractor, it does everything I need. It is the proper size for what I use it for.
Yes, I would have compared an American made tractor, but, could not find one that had a local dealer.

/ American made tractor? #20  
Steve, Not to split fine hairs but I believe both of our tractors were built in Georgia. The engine is from Japan but the trans and axles are made by a company in the states, although owned by a Japaneese Co. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Dave