American made tractor?

/ American made tractor? #21  
<font color="green"> Only the 6000 series tractors are made in Germany. They are a bigger utility size tractor</font>

Thanks Doc! I think I meant to say that.

What always gets me is when the "logic" goes like this: John Deere builds a tractor in India. So brand Y, also made in India is at least as good... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I am NOT questioning the quality of a brand, or country, just the "logic"

/ American made tractor? #22  
What I don't understand is... Why does it bother some people so much, if so and so doesn't have the same brand tractor as they do????

/ American made tractor? #23  
Not even the foreign tractors are built where you think they would be. We sell Mahindra, and the larger ones are built in India, the medium size in South Korea and the small ones in Japan.

It is an international marketplace, but still provides a lot of jobs for those of us in the USA.

/ American made tractor? #24  
I think it has to do with affirmation that we made the right choice, and minimizing the chance that someone else made a better choice.

/ American made tractor? #25  
What always gets me is when the "logic" goes like this: John Deere builds a tractor in India. So brand Y, also made in India is at least as good...

I am NOT questioning the quality of a brand, or country, just the "logic"

I agree with that, but I also question the "logic" the other way around; just because brand Y is built in India, why is it not as good as a JD? And I also agree: I'm not judging the quality of the brand or country, but rather the "logic". Just because one brand costs more or less than another is not necessarily an indicator of the true quality of the machine in question, but rather a reflection of the costs involved in the manufacturing and marketing of said machine.

/ American made tractor? #26  
I'm sure a lot of folks on this forum know more about this than I do, but there are several manufacturing/assembly plants located in Georgia.

Some of the New Holland TC series are assembled in the New Holland plant in Dublin, Georgia. Kubota manufacturers and assembles some attachments (backhoe, loader) and some of the BX series tractors in their Georgia plant. Mahindra has a manufacture/assembly plant in Calhoun, Ga.

Komatsu has a huge manufacturing/assembly plant here in Chattanooga, Tn.

These plants are in areas that had been primarily agricultural and textile manufacturing. They benefit their local economy considerably. Good paying jobs for local workers!

/ American made tractor? #27  
Domestic evidence should indicate your questioning this logic is valid. For instance, there is a wide variety of quality available from the many home repair firms. Similarly, there is a wide variety of quality available from the implement and tractor manufacturers, regardless of country of manufacture.

/ American made tractor? #28  
You are right on

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Just because one brand costs more or less than another is not necessarily an indicator of the true quality of the machine in question, but rather a reflection of the costs involved in the manufacturing and marketing of said machine )</font>

Actually perceived value has a lot more to do with the price than cost of manufacture. But I am quibbling /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

And for the record, my green tractor was one of my lowest price options. Several non Big Three options were more. I am pleased with my choice. And I recognise the nect goy is as thrilled with his.

Overall there are some very high quality machines on the market. It seems like you have to really try to get a dud.

/ American made tractor? #29  
Invariably, it costs more to produce a higher consistent quality if manufacturers are utilizing equipment/methods that are considered "modern".
It's been said there are two kinds of oats. Oats in front of the horse and oats behind the horse. Usually, oats in front costs a bit more.
Next, logic should be applied to parts availability (long term), then resale (or devaluation) will naturally follow based on quality. This is why Japanese products are consistently sought by consumers around the world. And, they are not necessarily cheaper because their labor and environmental standards are comparable (or better in many cases) to ours.
It will take China many more years to get their quality up. Their workers I'm told, are paid so poorly and thus are not motivated. Or worse yet, they are paid by how many parts they produce (with quality taking a back seat).
There are many things to apply logic to which all boils down to perceived value.
One more factor, local environmental rules. You wouldn't believe all the environmental bureaucracy my employer endures here in Austin, Texas. We make surgical instruments and we can't flush the soapy solution water we use to clean with down the drain. They are worried about the metals. We told them they are all medical grade inert stainless metals that can be put into a body. How can soapy water with trace amounts of these metals be harmful? So we pay almost $5/gallon to have this "chemical waste" hauled off.

Bottom line, American economy is directly tied to our ability to manufacture. We somehow, have to stop losing our manufacturing jobs to 3rd world countries. How can a service industry economy grow if everyone is fixing everyone else's stuff?
I'll get off my soap box...Kyle

/ American made tractor? #30  
Kyle you also forgot to mention all those high paid laborers here in the USA that all want to be driving BMWs. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif