American made tractor?

/ American made tractor? #1  

BillW321

Is any tractor company building American made tractors in the United States these days? If so, I would really appreciate information in this regard. Thank you in advance. BJW113@aol.com

/ American made tractor? #2  
John Deere is an American company. The 4000 TEN series mid chassis and large chassis are made in USA using Yanmar engines which is a Japanese company, which does have plants in the US. Smaller Deere's are made by Yanmar, over the pond. The biggest deeres are made in Germany...

Kubota is a Japanese company, but has Manufacturing here, as well, and CaseNewHollandFiat is Italian, with plants here as well

How do you spell global economy?!!!

/ American made tractor? #3  
What do you consider "American Made"? Depending on the definition, the answers could range all over the 'world' map.

Most of us know (or think we know!) why lots of parts are made oversees, and that hurts the American worker. To the extent that I can, I buy American. I often put something back on the shelf when I see it is not made here. But I don't buy just because it is "Union Made". Just too much "protectionism" there, and it has made USA-made parts too expensive. Lots of pros and cons, and it won't get sorted out here. Not sure if this is behind your question, but without knowing what was, this is a response I believe in. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ American made tractor? #4  
Cub 5000 series are all in USA

Is this a school project you are working on? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ American made tractor? #5  
Power Trac makes tractors in Tazewell, VA. They use Kohler, Robbin and Deutz engines(maybe others?). They use some fittings and such that I think might be made in other countries, but for the most part, they make them right there in VA. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ American made tractor? #7  
rockyridgefarm
If you do some research I think you will find NONE of what we call (conventional) compact tractors are made here. Deere, New Holland and some others ASEMBLE their tractors here in the USA. . I also think you will find a lot more than just the engine on the 4000 ten series is from overseas. Just my 2 cents.
Chipperman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ American made tractor? #9  
Hey, that thing is pretty cool! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ American made tractor? #10  
What is the difference between make & assemble?

Final products composed of many parts are assembled, individual components are made from raw materials. As far as I can tell, there is no tractor sold in the U.S. that is 100% made in any country: they are assembled from components made all around the world. The best question is percentage are the components from a particular country. I'm not sure if anyone has that answer.