Finding the Perfect Machine

/ Finding the Perfect Machine #1  

Eric Salop

Elite Member
Tractor
Ferguson TEF20, Iseki TG6495
Been looking at buying a bigger compact tractor for a couple of years now.
Over the last 6 months the search became serious. I seem to have spent all my spare time reading tbn forums, scrutinising manufacturers spec sheets, then going out talking to dealers and test-driving the most promising models, to say nothing of the hours viewing tractors on YouTube.

Can't think of anything I have contemplated buying in my entire lifetime that was as difficult to weigh up all the various pros and cons as when trying to decide which machine to buy.
Not sure what the tractor equivalent of a computer nerd is, but I fear I've being turning into one of them.
Plenty of these machines are more than good enough for my needs, so think it's time I stopped searching for perfection and just make a decision.

Did anyone else find this process so hard, or is it only me ?

Attachments

• Scratching_Head.jpg
    Scratching_Head.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 47
   / Finding the Perfect Machine #2  
It took me a few months to buy my current tractor. Eventually, I came to the realization that I would like any of the machines on my short-list and that I just needed to buy one. If I ever have to buy another tractor, I bet the whole process will take a fraction of the time!

/ Finding the Perfect Machine #3  
You sure did some homework....
Seems the only thing left who's the better dealership w/service,and go w/your got feelings.

/ Finding the Perfect Machine #4  
Yes, that is what I did, went with the best dealer. While the MF dealer was the closest, I would not buy a dollar for a nickel from him.

/ Finding the Perfect Machine #5  
I did much the same with each of my tractor purchases, including spreadsheets with power ratings and cost analysis' included.

Unfortunately there is no "perfect machine" and probably not even a "perfect machine for you" as there are compromises involved with each and every machine out there.

I'm curious to know what your research had narrowed down your choices to?

/ Finding the Perfect Machine #6  
+1 to what TSO said. I researched and compared and narrowed it down to 4 then 3 and then 2. Then it got really hard.

I finally decided that they were both good tractors and there is no perfect tractor. So I picked one and I have been happy with it. I would likely have been just as happy with the other one.

Just pick one and buy it from a good dealer. Just don't pick one that's too small.

/ Finding the Perfect Machine #7  
It would be easy if money was no object. Unfortunately, both of my tractor purchases involved quite a bit of financial butt clenching, and that meant lots of decisions.

/ Finding the Perfect Machine #8  
Through out my lifetime I've bought numerous cars, trucks, houses and a start up business. I never put half the energy into those decisions as I did deciding on a tractor. In my case, I was over thinking everything. As others have offered, find a good dealer, go get your tractor and don't look back. Have fun!

/ Finding the Perfect Machine #9  
I know exactly how you feel. Been in this process for about a month now. But I think I am set in one. Probably not going to do anything until spring, so I am sure I will continue to analyze this to death.

/ Finding the Perfect Machine #10  
I'm sure you'll be happy with what ever you choose Eric , best of luck to you.