Love my new tractor, Hate new Curtis Cab.

/ Love my new tractor, Hate new Curtis Cab. #1  

DABSGT

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2032r
Recently traded my 20 year old JD 855 which had a Curtis cab for a new JD 2032r. I had good luck with the Curtis CAB ON THE 855 so when I ordered the new tractor and wanted a cab I thought having a Curtis put on was a no brainier. Boy was I wrong. The tractor was delivered looked great and it was until the first rain. I went out to move the tractor and the interior was soaking wet😳, floor, seat, and around the windows. I found that both rear windows do not fit properly in the seals looks as if windows are cut smaller than opening and sit crooked. This is the cab that is called "DELUXE" hard side. I called the dealership who was great , sent someone right out picked up the tractor back to the shop looked it over and contacted CURTIS INDUSTRIES who has only given them a run around and suggested that dealer just calk the leaks. The dealer returned the tractor to me after 3 weeks incase of snow and until he can straighten the problem out with Curtis. Has anyone else had a problem with Curtis not standing by there product and having poor customer service?
Photos of one of the rear windows, some water and RUST in a 2 month old cab.

Attachments

• image-1302625031.jpg
    image-1302625031.jpg
    442.6 KB · Views: 855
  • image-1921394799.jpg
    image-1921394799.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 864
  • image-1407578299.jpg
    image-1407578299.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 715
   / Love my new tractor, Hate new Curtis Cab. #2  
that's disappointing. poor design, fit & finish or poor assembly ??

/ Love my new tractor, Hate new Curtis Cab. #3  
For a while I thought about getting a Curtis Cab for my L3700. I read all the reviews and could not find a positive one so I opted not to join the unhappy owners club. Apparently it's a fairly large club.

/ Love my new tractor, Hate new Curtis Cab. #4  
That's a shame , there is so little pride in workmanship in so many areas today .

/ Love my new tractor, Hate new Curtis Cab. #5  
For a while I thought about getting a Curtis Cab for my L3700. I read all the reviews and could not find a positive one so I opted not to join the unhappy owners club. Apparently it's a fairly large club.

I wasn't too impressed with the feedback on them myself. Enough so that I crossed them right off my list of potential cabs list.

/ Love my new tractor, Hate new Curtis Cab. #6  
Obviously, as your posted pictures speak for themselves... Your cab has a serious flaw in it's fit and finnish. I hope your dealer will stand by you, and reconsider his dealings with Curtis. Would there be any other option for your tractor? Perhaps a "soft" cab from some other manufacturer?...
One important factor to consider with any metal cab that is not insulated, is the condensation factor. Due to atmospheric difference, like barometric and humidity levels, the interior of any cab could and will get wet! Sooner or later, that will happen, no doubt.
Best of luck to you in resolving the matter. :)

/ Love my new tractor, Hate new Curtis Cab. #7  
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

I checked out aftermarket cabs back before I bought this tractor with a factory cab. The factory cab is awesome... Not even a comparison to an aftermarket one. I'm wondering why you'd order a new tractor with an aftermarket cab, especially when the cost savings between used & new are pregnant so close.

/ Love my new tractor, Hate new Curtis Cab. #8  
What does a pregnant cab give birth to? Or are you saying the OP's cab's water just broke?

/ Love my new tractor, Hate new Curtis Cab. #9  
Maybe a littler of baby cabs?

/ Love my new tractor, Hate new Curtis Cab. #10  
Lol... I'd like to thank my phone for that one. And, now I'm not even sure what word was supposed to be there instead.