Would your wife notice if you got a new tractor?

/ Would your wife notice if you got a new tractor? #1  

gladehound

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DS4510HS, Exmark Laser Z, Kioti LB1914
I always thought that if I went out and bought a new tractor, that it was something that I should mention or discuss with my wife first. Afterall, if I did buy one she would surely notice, right? And then if she noticed I would need to explain after the fact which might not have as harmonious a conclusion as getting alignment up front. However, tonight something happened that made me question this...

I just got my new large frame 45hp CUT back from the metal shop with the new FOPs installed (my wife has seen his tractor before but not with the FOPS). I keep it in a small 24x27 foot storage barn where I also keep the 20hp small frame CUT that we've had for the past 8 years. My wife said she wanted to see the roof on the new tractor and walked back to the barn. She enters, goes to the left (new tractor was on the right) and looks strait at the small frame CUT and says "looks good! but where's the top?". She had her back turned to the new tractor which was against the opposite wall! This made me wonder. If my wife doesn't distinguish between a 20hp small fram CUT and a 45hp large frame CUT, would she notice if I just switched out tractors every once in a while (keep the same color of course, I've heard women are keen on colors)? New tractor every year! :cool2:

Last edited:
   / Would your wife notice if you got a new tractor? #2  
I always thought that if I went out and bought a new tractor, that it was something that I should mention or discuss with my wife first. Afterall, if I did buy one she would surely notice, right? And then if she noticed I would need to explain after the fact which might not have as harmonious a conclusion as getting alignment up front. However, tonight something happened that made me question this...

I just got my new large frame 45hp CUT back from the metal shop with the new FOPs installed (my wife has seen his tractor before but not with the FOPS). I keep it in a small 24x27 foot storage barn where I also keep the 20hp small frame CUT that we've had for the past 8 years. My wife said she wanted to see the roof on the new tractor and walked back to the barn. She enters, goes to the left (new tractor was on the right) and looks strait at the small frame CUT and says "looks good! but where's the top?". She had her back turned to the new tractor which was against the opposite wall! This made me wonder. If my wife doesn't distinguish between a 20hp small fram CUT and a 45hp large frame CUT, would she notice if I just switched out tractors every once in a while (keep the same color of course, I've heard women and keen on colors)? New tractor every year! :cool2:

It might work, but then again, women are pretty keen on balancing the checkbook too. If she see's a higher payment going out, well I sure hope you have a dog with an outside doghouse, so you can bunk with him.:laughing:

/ Would your wife notice if you got a new tractor? #3  
This sounds to me like she's testing you. You'd better own up to it gladehound while you still have time.:ashamed:

/ Would your wife notice if you got a new tractor? #4  
I could get away with it. My wife has an attitude about my "stuff". Even though she grew up on a farm, she won't drive my tractor. If I'm not home and the driveway needs cleared, she uses the 5 hp snowblower instead of the 60" 3 point blower on the tractor (with cab). If we had another 4wd, she would probably never drive my truck. I could go up a couple of sizes and, as long as it's green, she'd never notice.

/ Would your wife notice if you got a new tractor?
It might work, but then again, women are pretty keen on balancing the checkbook too. If she see's a higher payment going out, well I sure hope you have a dog with an outside doghouse, so you can bunk with him.:laughing:

She would definitely notice a monthly payment since she does the monthly bills. However, I handle all the investment accounts. The stock market fluctuates; account values go up and down all the time ;)

/ Would your wife notice if you got a new tractor? #6  
My wife would notice, but she wouldn't care.

She's a keeper.

/ Would your wife notice if you got a new tractor? #7  
Mine would definitely notice a new tractor. A new gun is a whole different story and it is a lot easier to pay cash for a gun than a tractor. She's an accountant so she would notice if the tractor payment went up.

/ Would your wife notice if you got a new tractor? #8  
I keep my "toys" about 10 miles away , I could bring anything there and she wouldnt notice or even care . I do tell her what I buy , if its business she is fine with it , trusts my judgement . Now If I bought a brand new corvette I wuold be sleeping at my shop.

/ Would your wife notice if you got a new tractor? #9  
I knew a guy who bought a new tractor and then had the shop put the decals from the old tractor on it. It was a new set of decals that were the same as the old tractor.

At my house, not until the bill came!

/ Would your wife notice if you got a new tractor? #10  
My wife never noticed when I upgraded from a ck35 to my dk40.