Buying Advice Used JD 110 vs everything else

/ Used JD 110 vs everything else
Good point, Dave. Thanks all for your input! I'll do a search, but while I'm here, are there any other things to watch out for used 110s besides the loose loader and cracked transmission/bellhousing?

/ Used JD 110 vs everything else #12  
Good point, Dave. Thanks all for your input! I'll do a search, but while I'm here, are there any other things to watch out for used 110s besides the loose loader and cracked transmission/bellhousing?

You might just check the typical stuff. Most of these have a 4-N-1, make sure it isn't bent. If it needs a bucket edge or teeth on the backhoe you need to figure a little to replace those wear parts. Look at the boom for welds and check for bushing wear and slop in the backhoe. But these sort of things apply to any backhoe, not specifically the JD110. BTW, Yanmar made a sturdy little backhoe for a while. They are sort of ugly, but very nice rigs.

Another route is a skid steer/track loader and then a mini-excavator. That is what I have at home, a Takeuchi TL130 track loader with a 4-N-1, and then a TL125 excavator with a thumb. Add a few implements and there isn't much you can't do.

/ Used JD 110 vs everything else #13  
With everything you mentioned on your wish list, you need a fairly robust tractor with lots of attachments. Make sure you buy enough Tractor to accomplish your goals, you can always sell it or trade it for a smaller one down the road (but I doubt you will).

/ Used JD 110 vs everything else #14  
With everything you mentioned on your wish list, you need a fairly robust tractor with lots of attachments. Make sure you buy enough Tractor to accomplish your goals, you can always sell it or trade it for a smaller one down the road (but I doubt you will).

I agree. My plan was to sell my 110 after a year, it's been 2 years and I have on plans to sell it now...
Some of the 110 options to look for are:
#1 front hydraulics (to operate a grapple),
#2 Rear hydraulics (for top n tilt),
#3 hydraulic thumb on the backhoe,
If you do find a 110 that has a Skid Plate and /or Stabilizer Cylinder Guards that would also be a plus, if it does not have a Skid Plate than one should be installed. (to protect the hydraulic lines & filters)

I'm looking hard now....whats a good price for one with front and rear hydraulics under 2000 hours? I've seen several for sale on the east coast for around $30-35k but they've been listed for a long time (some for 6 mo+). I cant go that far, especially if its beat up and dripping oil...

/ Used JD 110 vs everything else #16  
Any good Tractor mounted BH will install leach fields, water lines, etc if you keep digging till its done!
The 509 Mahindra on a 3510 will do everything I need done AND take it off- hook up implements and mow, disk, seed, blade, lift, plant, etc.

For 5 acres, A TLB would work of any make. I personally like Mahindra. Good dealer close and parts available at any dealer.

August 2014 MS (10).jpg20141102_130005.jpgMFDC0043.jpgIMG_20130810_094452_377.jpgIMG_20130902_151153[1].jpgDSC07699.jpg

Attachments

• August 2014 MS (11).jpg
    August 2014 MS (11).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 135
Okay guys, I'm gonna try to buy one now. Whats a reasonable price? I've seen the advertised for a long time in the $25-$30k range, but they dont seem to move very quickly.

/ Used JD 110 vs everything else #18  
Okay guys, I'm gonna try to buy one now. Whats a reasonable price? I've seen the advertised for a long time in the $25-$30k range, but they dont seem to move very quickly.

Hard to say without specifics and condition, fair price would vary widely. Best way to help you is to provide details on the units you are considering and the members here will help you on the specific unit.
I have had mine since new in 2005 and have most of the options except a radio. The Laurin Eclipse cab has worked out well and glad I bought it, sure helped to have it working in a snow storm today.
I would recommend you locate a 110 with the front and rear hydraulic options, 7 function backhoe, skid plate and cylinder guards on the stabilizers. Three point topntilt hitch if you can get in the package would be a plus too.

/ Used JD 110 vs everything else #19  
Any good Tractor mounted BH will install leach fields, water lines, etc if you keep digging till its done!
The 509 Mahindra on a 3510 will do everything I need done AND take it off- hook up implements and mow, disk, seed, blade, lift, plant, etc.

For 5 acres, A TLB would work of any make. I personally like Mahindra. Good dealer close and parts available at any dealer.

View attachment 407879View attachment 407880View attachment 407881View attachment 407882View attachment 407883View attachment 407884
Pretty brave person in that 5th picture .

/ Used JD 110 vs everything else #20  
One plus you may not be aware of, if you ever wear out the 4tnv88 engine in the JD110 you can readily purchase a re-manufactured one. Yanmar rebuilds them right here in the states:

REMAN America