Buying Advice 1st Tractor: New land, building, growing and boulders

/ 1st Tractor: New land, building, growing and boulders #11  
If you were looking at the Kubota B3350, keep in mind that is a deluxe tractor but a smaller series. So it is pricey for the specs it has. You can get larger/heavier and more capable L series models without all the deluxe features (but still well equipped) for much less. Well under $20K with front loader and HST.

We see a lot of newbies think about going for gear transmission as a cost or familiarity consideration, but gear is really only best for mowing and ground engaging work. For general tasks and chores, and a lot of front loader work, go with HST. You will be a million times more productive. Already knowing how to use a clutch doesn't really mean anything for tractors and shouldn't dictate transmission choice.

Good luck!

/ 1st Tractor: New land, building, growing and boulders #12  
I would say that buying new with the idea it would be fixed under warranty if you abuse and bust it might backfire... and with a new or used machine, a new operator is probably going to err on the side of caution until they get to know their machine's capabilities, which in any event will likely be higher than the demands placed on it (unless the operator is a real jerk- sorry) so I wouldn't make that a criteria for buying new vs. used. Buy used at a fair price, and you can more or less recover your investment when you sell it. Not so for a new machine, I don't think.

/ 1st Tractor: New land, building, growing and boulders #13  
Looks like you will be having a lot of fun playing/working. I own a Kubota L3800 great little tractor, but two suggestions I want to make no matter what loader tractor you buy. Install a third function (a must you won't regret) and fill the rear tires. Remember with the right attachments work becomes fun. :cool2:

/ 1st Tractor: New land, building, growing and boulders #14  
is the advised third function on the front fel? I'm new to this, but wonder what attachments would use the 3rd?

also wonder what the fill for the rear tires is best?

thanks

/ 1st Tractor: New land, building, growing and boulders #15  
There are many advantages to having a third function someday you may want to put a 4 in 1 bucket on it or a grapple and they're priceless. As for the fluid in the rear tires I researched for a couple weeks and for the money rim guard is the way I went. About 4 to 5 pounds per gallon heavier than water / windshield wiper fluid / antifreeze and cost about the same. Putting weight on the back of these little tractors with loader is I my mind essential.

/ 1st Tractor: New land, building, growing and boulders #16  
Sorry I was posting about the third function on the FEL with the assumption that you get a quick attach bucket which I also recommend whether you get the third function or not it makes your machines versatile small buckets big buckets forks ex.

/ 1st Tractor: New land, building, growing and boulders #17  
thanks for the input. I'm just about to order a new kabota with a quick attach bucket. the b2650 that uses the 534 loader. i liked the fact it is a bigger tractor than the bx, but now I've been reading about the L series. its seems like even more capability for loader, but i haven't found a mid mount mower.

/ 1st Tractor: New land, building, growing and boulders #18  
I am not overly familiar with that tractor but looks like a very nice machine. Are you getting a cab with it as well? And is it a tier 4 or tier 3? If you're looking for a little bit more horsepower little less price you might look at one of the tier 3 L3200s or L3800s small yet nice HP just my opinion. Research these forms and each tractor before you pull the trigger. I know sometimes we get in a hurry when we're looking at things from experience. It's always best to study up rather than to jump into something and wish you had added this or added that. I don't believe else come with a mid mount mower if you're wanting a mid mount mower an L would not be good for you but a good finish mower my work

/ 1st Tractor: New land, building, growing and boulders #19  
I see you are in Illinois, so you may wind up with snow plow on that SSQA loader, and the third function would be good for that, as well. Beyond my experience, but I have noticed a lot of posters seem to prefer rear finish mowers to mid-mounted mowers... just something to consider.

/ 1st Tractor: New land, building, growing and boulders #20  
I see you are in Illinois, so you may wind up with snow plow on that SSQA loader, and the third function would be good for that, as well. Beyond my experience, but I have noticed a lot of posters seem to prefer rear finish mowers to mid-mounted mowers... just something to consider.

I'm reading by the hour, and will check out the rear finish mowers. i have no experience with them. thanks for all of the great input, it a big help to find so much info and real advise.