New member ...looking to buy 24 to 30 hp tractor

/ New member ...looking to buy 24 to 30 hp tractor #11  
The Mahindra dealer in Tenn. is 30 minutes away and the rest are at least a hours drive.

Some tractor owners have a trailer and deliver their tractor to dealer for service.

Others have the dealer pick up the tractor with dealer's HD truck and HD trailer for service. A reasonable cost for this is $1.50 per mile. So transportation for a service could be: 25 miles X 4 X $1.50 = $150.

I think you should be considering a heavy frame tractor 30-40 horsepower. I do not think a lighter tractor will give you a safe margin of stability for the tasks you have enumerated. You can roll a light tractor very easily on slopes, especially when using the FEL.

Why not fill in the exact location of your property in your T-B-N profile? You will get much more tailored responses. Someone may know of a used tractor perfect for your needs for sale nearby.

/ New member ...looking to buy 24 to 30 hp tractor #12  
2x check out LS tractors $ for $ and the standard items that are options on others. All brands have likes and dislikes. It's what fits you the best and what you like. Definitely HST if doing a lot of loader work.

/ New member ...looking to buy 24 to 30 hp tractor #13  
Thanks for the welcome

1. Going to using the tractor to maintain 1/4 mile of stone road, keeping ditches cleaned. Adding a addition to the current home, will need to dig out the hillside and foundation for that.

2. Trails to be maintained in the woods for the atv we have.

3. Cutting down and hauling trees for firewood and just clearing out the place.

We have that typical orange colored dirt with small to medium size rocks.

4. I know you lose hp with the HST.

1. Box Blade, Rollover Box Blade or Rear/Angle Blade for these jobs. Ideally your tractor will have rear remote hydraulics so you can manipulate implements from the operator's station, rather than having to get on and off the tractor to adjust the Three Point Hitch manually.

2. For trails a Ratchet Rake bucket attachment is a good tool. Provides gives good purchase on tree trunks when pushing trees over. Also good for keeping ditches clean.

3. I like to cut up trees in sections that will fit in the bucket, to keep them clean, then reduce to firewood at home. A chainsaw will stay sharp a long time if cutting chain is kept away from dirt.

You will want 5/16" chain grab hooks bolted or welded on your bucket for easy attachment of logging chains.

4. Power loss with HST is minuscule. Only important to farmers who run their tractors for miles every day and it is not power they are concerned with, it is minimizing fuel consumption when performing high throttle ground contact work, like plowing, Disc Harrowing and using a Seed Drill. Farmers buy plenty of tractor. READ THE LINK IN POST #6.

Consider an all-terrain trailer for your ATV.

LINK: MUTS - Multi-Use Trailer System for your ATV, Quad and 4 Wheeler - Welcome

Attachments

• DSC00107.jpg
    DSC00107.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 130
  • DSC00128.jpg
    DSC00128.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 136
  • DSC00021.jpg
    DSC00021.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 142
Last edited:
   / New member ...looking to buy 24 to 30 hp tractor #14  
   / New member ...looking to buy 24 to 30 hp tractor
Ok Jeff....i just went back online and looked at the LS. I do like it has a independent pto ! Dual hyd. pumps also. Seems to be lighter in weight than the other brands though. Price wise they are in the same ballpark as the other top brands.

dual hyd. pumps, engine is a cummins diesel design, higher hyd. implement pump output.

I already have a dual axle 16ft trailer with ramps. We are in the Cherokee national Forest near Tellico Plains,TN. I have found that the Kioti tractors are much more heavier weight wise....

It seems to me by researching that most of the top brands ( mahindra,branson,kioti,ls,etc ) are all quite similar in the 24 to 30 hp series. Looks like the Kioti has the best unit weight wise. Some do not have dual hyd. pumps ( one for ps and the other for implements ). I will start going to the dealers now and start test driving. I think it will come down to what actually feels good and how it handles. Are the controls easy to operate and in good locations, good hyd. response, steering easy and smooth. Ease of general maintenance.

/ New member ...looking to buy 24 to 30 hp tractor #19  
It seems to me by researching that most of the top brands ( mahindra,branson,kioti,ls,etc ) are all quite similar in the 24 to 30 hp series. Looks like the Kioti has the best unit weight wise. Some do not have dual hyd. pumps ( one for ps and the other for implements ). I will start going to the dealers now and start test driving. I think it will come down to what actually feels good and how it handles. Are the controls easy to operate and in good locations, good hyd. response, steering easy and smooth. Ease of general maintenance.

Enjoy the hunt!

/ New member ...looking to buy 24 to 30 hp tractor #20  
Kubota dealer in Athens, Tn about 32 miles from Tellico Plains