NH tractors - CUSTOMS HOLD

/ NH tractors - CUSTOMS HOLD #1  

Shawangunk

Tractor
2004 New Holland TN75D
Anyone waiting for a TN tractor? If you are, I hope this helps.

First, I sold my JD5310 in October 2003 and decided to replace it with a TN70D. The TN70D order was bumped up to a TN75D because of a longer delay getting the TN70D the way I wanted.

My TN75D manufactured in Jesi, Italy departed Livorno, Italy 12/29/03 (missed being loaded on a prior ship) on the Saudi Hofuf owned/operated by the National Shipping Company of Saudi Arabia (NSCSA).

The tractor arrived at the Port of Baltimore 1/12/04 along with about 150 others. Approximately 53 units were released but did not clear Customs. Customs discovered the error and the remaining tractors are being held until the 53 units are returned to the Port of Baltimore.

Approximately 10 units still have not been returned, which are expected to arrive by today, 2/3/04. Once all the tractors are returned, 24 hours later Customs will inspect them. They should be released by Friday 2/6/04.

Contacted my Dealer, NH Zone Rep., Schneider Logistics, US Customs, NH Dealer Sales Support for Imports and some Internet research helped discover details of the delay.

Am I the only one who feels life is a little sour when you're without a tractor longer than you thought you would be? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ NH tractors - CUSTOMS HOLD #2  
I know all about that. We are one of the dealers that got a tractor released to us without it clearing customs. it got here and 4 days later they where picking it up to take it back to Maryland I guess customs was very irritated.

/ NH tractors - CUSTOMS HOLD #3  
I guess you've got to look on the bright side. When you get the TN75D you'll have a great tractor. It took mine about 1 1/2 months longer to get to me than I expected also, but the wait was worth it /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Andy

/ NH tractors - CUSTOMS HOLD #4  
At least yer smilin' in yer sig pic....

/ NH tractors - CUSTOMS HOLD
I'm irritated too /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif - my tractor held because someone else tried to shortcut the system.

Are Dealers and/or Truckers required to show proof of Customs release before accepting vehicles?

I assumed the Port of Baltimore checks paperwork before allowing trucks to leave the gate? <font color="red">Homeland Security needs work. </font>

/ NH tractors - CUSTOMS HOLD #6  
Good thing that it hadn't been delivered to a customer yet.

/ NH tractors - CUSTOMS HOLD #7  
No we have nothing to do with the customs paper work New Holland takes care of all of that. once it leaves the depot its billed out to us and we own it. So as you can see it also makes us less than happy we have a tractor that could be sold sitting on our floor plan aging all ready because there was a screw up at the depot. I will say this it is the first time that I know of that this has ever happened.

/ NH tractors - CUSTOMS HOLD #8  
Marty ... if you're /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif close to the 'gunks", then perhaps you visited some of those german or ukranian restaurants on Rte. 44 south of Rte 209? Near Minnewaska? Or is it Minnsink? Do you know these places?

/ NH tractors - CUSTOMS HOLD #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( We are one of the dealers that got a tractor released to us without it clearing customs. it got here and 4 days later they where picking it up to take it back to Maryland )</font>

don't understand how they could realse a tractor or anything for that matter with custom inspection? then once they did , what good was it to pick it up 4 days latter? seems like anything that was on or in the tractor(ileagle) would have een removed by that time! i am as always confused /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ NH tractors - CUSTOMS HOLD #10  
Frank,

Don't start to insert logic into the equation, that messes everything up!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Especially when your talking about the government and paperwork!