Comparison Kubota vs Landpride Tillers

/ Kubota vs Landpride Tillers #1  

cmcramer

Tractor
none
A new guy here....new to this forum and new to Kubota tractors....appreciative of any advice: looking at a new Kubota L2501 for this Spring....with either the Kubota 50 inch forward tine tiller OR Landpride RTA1250 50 inch forward tine tiller. This would be used for home (BIG !) gardening, only. Using Kubota's online 'build your own' msrp ($3000!) and an online Landpride retail (TractorHouse about $2000), it looks like Landpride is $1000 less: is there any reason for my purposes to spend another $1000 (!) on the Kubota?

Also, my sales rep says a reverse tine tiller is more prone to rock jams and damage. Agree?

Thanks!

L2501 v2.png

/ Kubota vs Landpride Tillers #2  
If you have rocks you don't want to pull them up into the tiller;you want to spit them out the back.No body has any more rocks than I do.I just leave the discharge flap wide open and make sure the slip clutch is service every year.
My dealer carries Landpride implements;I purchased a six ft.brush-hog from him last year and it seems good.

/ Kubota vs Landpride Tillers #3  
Hi and welcome. I bought a used tiller. 5ft and works great breaking clay sod and doesn't skip a beat. tilled my front and part of back yard (appox. 6000 sq. ft.). A $1,000 is a lot. Might discuss the cost difference with your dealer. Let him know you are willing to go else where to get a better deal.

/ Kubota vs Landpride Tillers
Bad form to reply to your own thread...I know....and I should have done more searching first.....I know....but here

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-buying-pricing/234727-kubotas-tiller-any-good.html

is a great thread that seems to indicate that Kubota no longer manufactures its own tillers.....each dealer sells its own brand (Woods, Landpride, etc)

Soooo, that Kubota build-your-own website that prices a 50 inch tiller at $3000? When same Landpride 50 inch is $2000? Sounds a little like buyer beware morphing into a rip-off to me....Am I too harsh?

/ Kubota vs Landpride Tillers #5  
Kubota is in bed with Landpride. Are you considering two of the same machine with different branding?

/ Kubota vs Landpride Tillers
Yep, RickB, it seems that I am. I have asked a dealer for some info / prices, lets see what he says about a "Kubota" tiller and its price.....I'll send in the info I get....

/ Kubota vs Landpride Tillers #7  
A lot of implements are made by the same manufacturer and rebranded. I'd be surprised if Kubota is the actually manufacturer of the tiller. Find out who is actually manufacturing the two models and then do some research. I know LandPride make a high quality product is other areas, but I have no experience with their tillers. Brands reputation alone, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Land Pride for $1000 less.

/ Kubota vs Landpride Tillers #8  
:welcome:
To the site CM. When I got my tractor, I got a LP RTA1258 with mine. Kubota will give you 0% financing on that if purchased at the same time. My dealer didn't even recommend Kubota brand as I am sure it is just another's rebranded. I love my LP tiller has a five year warrant on the gearbox.

/ Kubota vs Landpride Tillers #9  
I have a Kubota FL1021C tiller with a 40% discount from Kubota due to weathered paint. PM me if your interested.