Tecno hater

/ Tecno hater #1  

spitter

Platinum Member
Tractor
simplicity legacy tc29d,Tc45d,Cs 2520
Been looking for a Large cut tractor 50 hp and up with a hydro trans I guess called a class 4. It seemes to be very limited selection with the only canditates are Kubotas 5030 witch I can't use becuse of treddle peddle {had both knees replaced bad arithis in feet]and John Dere 4510 witch is ehydro . Oh yeah I forgot the zinger got to be in the 20,000 $ range and the least amount of electronics on it .Did they make hydros in the 70's ,80's or early 90's?I can't for the life of me find any.:mad:It always seams to me that the first thing to go on any older mechanical ting is the electronics .Beenfixing upolder trucks ,cars,boats, and equiptment all my life and it is allways the wiring that goes first .:eek:I hate it:thumbdown:So what I'm looking for is a older hydro pre 2000 no treddle peddle 50 hp cut 4wd .Any one had one of these moddle' that you really liked ?Does any one wish the could by a brand new older tractor aka brad new 1978 f250 460 engine lariet interior black silver two tone paint .:cool2:Share your storie about your favorite old tractor that you wish that you could reincarnate.:drink:

/ Tecno hater #2  
Been looking for a Large cut tractor 50 hp and up with a hydro trans I guess called a class 4. It seemes to be very limited selection with the only canditates are Kubotas 5030 witch I can't use becuse of treddle peddle {had both knees replaced bad arithis in feet]and John Dere 4510 witch is ehydro . Oh yeah I forgot the zinger got to be in the 20,000 $ range and the least amount of electronics on it .Did they make hydros in the 70's ,80's or early 90's?I can't for the life of me find any.:mad:It always seams to me that the first thing to go on any older mechanical ting is the electronics .Beenfixing upolder trucks ,cars,boats, and equiptment all my life and it is allways the wiring that goes first .:eek:I hate it:thumbdown:So what I'm looking for is a older hydro pre 2000 no treddle peddle 50 hp cut 4wd .Any one had one of these moddle' that you really liked ?Does any one wish the could by a brand new older tractor aka brad new 1978 f250 460 engine lariet interior black silver two tone paint .:cool2:Share your storie about your favorite old tractor that you wish that you could reincarnate.:drink:

This 1947 Case VAC was bought new by my grandfather, I drove it by myself when I was 7 years old. :thumbsup:

PC040006.JPG

PC040007.JPG

Pictures from 12-4-2010

Last edited:
   / Tecno hater
Cool tractor any plans to restore it?:thumbsup:Xfaxman you have some rather unique toys that I have seen in other posts.You must be into vintage iron also.What does the vac stand for.Is the jeep a commander?:cool2::drink:

/ Tecno hater #5  
Are you looking for one with an FEL?

/ Tecno hater #6  
Cool tractor any plans to restore it? No, don't have anymore, that is why I wanted it reincarnated.

:thumbsup:Xfaxman you have some rather unique toys that I have seen in other posts. Thanks. You must be into vintage iron also. No, just have owned a lot of tractors over the last 30 years.

What does the vac stand for. VAC is just the model, they also had a VA.
Is the jeep a commander? It is a 1962 FC150. :cool2::drink:

Looks like a Forward Control there. Nice!
Right, pictures from 1985.
Bear and Jinx.jpg
May 1985.jpg
scan0002.jpg
Scan003.jpg
Scan004.jpg

Are you looking for one with an FEL? No, got rid of all my tractors, have something better now! :D

/ Tecno hater #9  
Man, that is one sweet Jeep.

I thought this was going to be a thread about disliking Techno music. I was going to agree that it's crap. Since you asked, though, they did make Hydro tractors a long time ago. International made many hyro models as early as the 60s, I think. The link below will give you some model numbers to check out. I have no experience with them, except that Martin Diffley, a very knowledgeable man in the area of vegetable farming tractors likes them for what they are good for, which is using PTO implements at infinitely variable speeds. They aren't best suited for pulling plows all day, but you probably already know that. He recommends buying one with low hours, like under 4000, or with a receipt for a hydro rebuild.

Best IH Hydro Tractor(s) Poll - General IH - Red Power Magazine Community

/ Tecno hater #10  
Looks like with a battery, oil change , and some fresh fuel it might light off??:drink:
Whats the story?
It was running fine. The right rear rim rusted away from calcium chloride leaking from the tube. Got a replacement rim and put the tire back on.

Had other mowers and the V417, so didn't need it. Sold it to a Case collector that restored it.

Last edited: