Really Leaning Towards a Massy 1734E.........Thoughts?

/ Really Leaning Towards a Massy 1734E.........Thoughts? #1  

Metalman1

Tractor
Massey
Hi All,
I have been planning on buying a tractor for a while, been doing research and stumbled across a new Massey 1734E Hydro with a L100 FEL quick attach for 17,500. I was looking at Branson 3120R, Mahindra 3016 and Kubota L3301. I was really planning on going with the Kubota until I saw the Massey for a few thousand less than the all the others.
After driving the Branson I took that off my list because it just didn't feel right. A friend has a Mahindra he bought new 2 years ago and has had numerous problems. My brother in law has a new Kubota 3901 that he is still getting used to and suggested the 3301. Not fond of Deere and the New Hollands in my area are really pricey.
Also the local Massy dealer has a great reputation, been in business a long time and actually seemed interested in talking to a hobbyist about a small tractor.
One of the questions I have is the Mahindra and Branson are showing 3 pt and loader lift capacities quite a bit higher than the Kubota and Massey. seems like quite a difference for similar sized tractors.
What are the thoughts on the Massey compared to the others?

Thanks!

/ Really Leaning Towards a Massy 1734E.........Thoughts? #2  
:welcome:
To TBN from much warmer Alabama. I don't know about the MF but it sounds like you found a good deal there.

Last edited:
   / Really Leaning Towards a Massy 1734E.........Thoughts? #3  
I think I'd buy the Massey. Great brand with tremendous parts support. A history of dedicated dealers, (sounds like you found one), a very well engineered line.

Will the tractor and each of its abilities meet or exceed your needs now and for the foreseeable future?

/ Really Leaning Towards a Massy 1734E.........Thoughts? #4  
Did you get a price on the 1736 by chance? The 1734e is an economy model, and depending on the up charge, I'd much rather have the added features and comfort if the 1736 (premium line) ... If it's something you plan to keep long term. Plus I think you can get the DL120/125 loader which is much stronger than the 100.

/ Really Leaning Towards a Massy 1734E.........Thoughts? #5  
Did you get a price on the 1736 by chance? The 1734e is an economy model, and depending on the up charge, I'd much rather have the added features and comfort if the 1736 (premium line) ... If it's something you plan to keep long term. Plus I think you can get the DL120/125 loader which is much stronger than the 100.

I would at least check out what TSO suggested and then if the 1736 does not work for you, pick between Kubota and the 1734e. Eliminate the others choices you listed for reasons stated. If you want to keep looking at other brands Kioti and LS get good reviews on this site. But if you are done shopping, I would vote Massey on this one.

/ Really Leaning Towards a Massy 1734E.........Thoughts? #6  
e model definitely cheaper,, 1700 series $ spikes. A lot of value for the dollar in the e series. Doubt the green and orange can get anywhere close to the price point. I see the 1736 the dealers are a little close mouthed on internet pricing, have fun shopping, what TSO said if you could tweak them to bottom line. Lifetime investment. $6000-7000 over many years might be worth the pain.

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=8722157

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=9021911

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=9114017

/ Really Leaning Towards a Massy 1734E.........Thoughts? #7  
Whatever you decide on, give serious consideration to getting a SSQA (quick detach/attach) loader bucket. The flexibility of using plows, grapples or forks is great. Maybe angle for some rear remotes, too, which can prove very useful once you get started. I am a dedicated Kubota guy, based on experience and perceived quality, but no doubt other brands are fine, too.

/ Really Leaning Towards a Massy 1734E.........Thoughts?
Thanks for the input and ideas. This does have the quick attach option and the dealer will include a set of forks for cost. I did price the 1736 and that is a little more than I want to spend.
I have really been weighing my options and am one who will always go bigger just in case but have to stay under 20,000 in this case due to a house addition and remodel this spring.
I think the 1734 will be good for me, I also really like the tractor and price. We only have about 4 acres, don't need to move heavy bales or timber and if I do need big equipment I have a brother in law with lots of stuff. :) This will be used for landscaping, moving my vintage snowmobiles around, snow removal, some back filling and property maintenance. I am doing everything by hand now such as shoveling mulch on to a trailer to get it where I need it or pulling snowmobiles with a Cub 2165 so this will definitely make things easier. I have been doing my snow removal with a 2185 Cub and 303 blower which is really a little small but has been a great unit and got me by until I could get something bigger.
I plan on buying the 1734 and am looking forward to getting it. :D

/ Really Leaning Towards a Massy 1734E.........Thoughts? #9  
Massey has not been around for 80 plus years by putting out bad tractors.
Good luck with your new tractor.

Welcome to TBN

/ Really Leaning Towards a Massy 1734E.........Thoughts?
By the way....................my wife will be thrilled! No more piles of brochures and spec sheets of different brands laid out, I think she will mostly like her peace without me constantly walking around debating out load with myself about what I should buy! :D