1025R vs GC1720 vs BX25 vs emax 22

/ 1025R vs GC1720 vs BX25 vs emax 22
+2 on the Massey, If I was to buy a sub compact that would be it. Compare the hydraulics too. Massey is better.

Does anyone know how the backhoe is plumbed? Is it CAT OR JD (SAE ISO)?

/ 1025R vs GC1720 vs BX25 vs emax 22 #22  
He's either full of BS or he's selling another brand with better profit margins. I'm here to tell you for a fact that LS will be less expensive than any other brand and will be a larger machine with WAY better specs

I bought a brand new J2023 at the beginning of last year. I paid $12,200 for my machine, which included the front loader. Not even the smaller, lower spec SCUTs from JD, Kubota, and Massey were even with $1000 of that price. Tell you what, you call Magee Equipment in Poplar Bluff, MO and ask for Doug Jackson. Ask for a quote on a J2023 and you'll see for yourself. I'll even send you a photo of my receipt. I still have it in my owners manual.

LS is not a no-name, expensive brand. LS has been making the Boomer Series for New Holland for many years. Is New Holland a no-name brand? Well anyone owning a New Holland Boomer is actually owning a LS with different decals. I suggest doing a little more research before making such ignorant (used in the technical sense) comments. Or better yet, listen a little closer to those of us who own LS tractors since we have direct, firsthand experience.

I think the LS tractor line is experiencing understandable growing pains due to inconsistent dealer quality. In time I believe that the good dealers will survive and thrive and the more casual or underfunded dealers will not. I suppose this is a normal part of establishing a large, professional, well funded dealership network.

/ 1025R vs GC1720 vs BX25 vs emax 22 #23  
And some dealers are just jerks. I have a large LS dealer just 5 miles from my house. When I was searching, I went to them first. They were uninterested in working with me because they said the 2023 was too small and they only dealt in the larger models. They were not interested in ordering one for me either. And this is a fairly large dealership. So I went elsewhere. Some dealers I'm found are just not very friendly, even with other brands.

/ 1025R vs GC1720 vs BX25 vs emax 22 #24  
I have a Massey GC1705 coming next week. I was considering the same machines you are, minus the backhoe, I didn't get a chance to look at an LS, looks great, but it seems a little large for my needs. I just kept going back to the Massey after looking at the others. I can't wait to get this machine! Good luck in your search.

Its starting to look like the Massey is the same tractor as the john deere. I am sure quick disconnect features of the JD will not work for the Massey though.

Soo...

It seems like most of these tractors are made by two or three companies.

Daedong (or daewoo cant recall S. Korea names) for: - Kubota, Kioti

Mahindra- (think they make their own)

Yanmar - JD and Massey.

New Holland, LS ????????

/ 1025R vs GC1720 vs BX25 vs emax 22 #26  
t seems like most of these tractors are made by two or three companies.

Daedong (or daewoo cant recall S. Korea names) for: - Kubota, Kioti?

Ugh.. NO NO NO NO NO.

Daedong and Kubota have nothing in common. The BX is made by KMA (Kubota manufacturing of America) in Gainsville GA. I've been there. Its a real manufacturing facility where they bend metal and build tractors.

/ 1025R vs GC1720 vs BX25 vs emax 22 #27  
Its starting to look like the Massey is the same tractor as the john deere. I am sure quick disconnect features of the JD will not work for the Massey though.

Soo...

It seems like most of these tractors are made by two or three companies.

Daedong (or daewoo cant recall S. Korea names) for: - Kubota, Kioti

Mahindra- (think they make their own)

Yanmar - JD and Massey.

New Holland, LS ????????

NO. Not even close.

Regarding CUT's (Compact Utility Tractors, ranging from 20-60'ish HP)...

• Kubota builds their own (Japan)
  • LS builds their own (S Korea)
  • Daedong (sold here as Kioti) makes their own (S Korea)
  • TYM makes their own (S Korea)
  • Kukje (sold here as Branson) makes their own (S Korea)
  • Yanmar makes their own (Japan)
  • JD, from the sounds of it, now makes their own (assembled in US)
  • Mahindra makes some of their own, buys some from Mitsubishi (Japan) and some from TYM (S Korea)
  • C-NH (Case & New Holland) co-builds some of their own with Shibaura (Japan) (the Boomer CVT series) but buys the rest from LS (S Korea)
  • Massey Ferguson has Iseki (Japan) build all of their CUT's, and some of their larger stuff too
  • McCormick previously bought from LS, then Daedong, but now buys from Kukje
  • Bobcat did buy from Daedong but no longer offers a tractor
  • Montana did buy from LS but no longer offers a tractor
  • FarmTrac CUT's were from LS

... I think that's the entirety of the US CUT market (not including any gray market or Chinese tractors)

NO. Not even close.

Regarding CUT's (Compact Utility Tractors, ranging from 20-60'ish HP)...

• Kubota builds their own (Japan)
  • LS builds their own (S Korea)
  • Daedong (sold here as Kioti) makes their own (S Korea)
  • TYM makes their own (S Korea)
  • Kukje (sold here as Branson) makes their own (S Korea)
  • Yanmar makes their own (Japan)
  • JD, from the sounds of it, now makes their own (assembled in US)
  • Mahindra makes some of their own, buys some from Mitsubishi (Japan) and some from TYM (S Korea)
  • C-NH (Case & New Holland) co-builds some of their own with Shibaura (Japan) (the Boomer CVT series) but buys the rest from LS (S Korea)
  • Massey Ferguson has Iseki (Japan) build all of their CUT's, and some of their larger stuff too
  • McCormick previously bought from LS, then Daedong, but now buys from Kukje
  • Bobcat did buy from Daedong but no longer offers a tractor
  • Montana did buy from LS but no longer offers a tractor
  • FarmTrac CUT's were from LS

... I think that's the entirety of the US CUT market (not including any gray market or Chinese tractors)

Just when I thought it was getting easier to select, you had to go and make it difficult for me again! :)

I was told by a Kioti dealer that "Daedong makes 20,000 extra tractors a year they don't sell." Meaning they are Kubotas.

Looking at just rear tractor fenders alone, there are clear similarities between a lot of them. How could they all possible look and be the same while being manufactured by multiple different companies? I know the big "American" names are about as American as Kimchi. In truth,I really don't care. I just want something that does what I need it to do for a decent price.

I could be misguided, but right now its looking like the GC1720 is in the lead. If the JD wasnt too expensive it would be in my driveway right now.

/ 1025R vs GC1720 vs BX25 vs emax 22 #30  
The JD and Massey were my two finalists, I just couldn't get the JD down to a price I could live with. I wanted my monthly payment for 5 years under $200. LOL