1025R vs GC1720 vs BX25 vs emax 22

/ 1025R vs GC1720 vs BX25 vs emax 22 #1  

flienlow

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 Mini Excavator
Ok guys-

Newbie here and these are my Choices. 1025R vs GC1720 vs BX25 vs emax 22. Personally, I know the JD and Kubota the best. I feel the Kubota is best sized for me, but least performing.

I own 10 properties Most of which dont need a tractor, but my current house will need a lot of landscaping and cleaning ect which is why I want a small TLB. I want this to do everything from mowing an untamed lawn to putting in new water lines ect and retaining walls. It wont get used everyday so I need to factor that in too. Where is my best bang for the buck?

Thank you in advance!

/ 1025R vs GC1720 vs BX25 vs emax 22 #2  
What are the prices? Which dealer is nearby and reputable?

/ 1025R vs GC1720 vs BX25 vs emax 22 #3  
Best bang for your buck is looking at LS J Series. The J Series is a compact class, not subcompact. You get a bigger, heavier machine, with larger hyrdo pumps, greater lift capacity, and a 3 year bumper to bumper 5 year powertrain warranty. And the best part is that it will be less expensive than any of your choices.

ForumRunner_20150306_155540.png

ForumRunner_20150306_155555.png

ForumRunner_20150306_155608.png

/ 1025R vs GC1720 vs BX25 vs emax 22 #4  
You didn't mention whether you'll be taking your tractor into any brush. If so, it'd be desirable not to have the hydro fan underneath like it is on the smaller BXs (1870) and smaller JDs (than 1025). The JD 1025 uses the hydro cooler in front of the radiator and therefore just uses the engine fan.

I know from experience that brush can get everywhere underneath. I had brush remove the dipstick on my Gravely.

Ralph

/ 1025R vs GC1720 vs BX25 vs emax 22 #5  
Ok guys-

Newbie here and these are my Choices. 1025R vs GC1720 vs BX25 vs emax 22. Personally, I know the JD and Kubota the best. I feel the Kubota is best sized for me, but least performing.

I own 10 properties Most of which dont need a tractor, but my current house will need a lot of landscaping and cleaning ect which is why I want a small TLB. I want this to do everything from mowing an untamed lawn to putting in new water lines ect and retaining walls. It wont get used everyday so I need to factor that in too. Where is my best bang for the buck?

Thank you in advance!

The Massey is the prettiest. And red!

I make tractor noises just thinking about the GC1720!

/ 1025R vs GC1720 vs BX25 vs emax 22 #6  
Impressive comparison. Does the Massey have an Isuzu engine. Somewhere else someone mentioned this. I'm really impressed with the smoothness, no smoke and lack of clatter from my Isuzu diesel generator. Gotta check to see where a Massey dealer is around here.

Ralph

/ 1025R vs GC1720 vs BX25 vs emax 22 #7  
Closest Massey dealer to Charlottesville is 115 miles away.

Ralph

/ 1025R vs GC1720 vs BX25 vs emax 22 #8  
Impressive comparison. Does the Massey have an Isuzu engine. Somewhere else someone mentioned this. I'm really impressed with the smoothness, no smoke and lack of clatter from my Isuzu diesel generator. Gotta check to see where a Massey dealer is around here.

Ralph

No, the compact Massey's (as well as the 46xx series) are built by Iseki. The pre tier 4 tractors had Iseki diesels, but for tier 4, they switched to Mitsubishi and Shibaura engines, depending on the model.

/ 1025R vs GC1720 vs BX25 vs emax 22 #9  
Best bang for your buck is looking at LS J Series. The J Series is a compact class, not subcompact. You get a bigger, heavier machine, with larger hyrdo pumps, greater lift capacity, and a 3 year bumper to bumper 5 year powertrain warranty. And the best part is that it will be less expensive than any of your choices.

View attachment 415353

View attachment 415354

View attachment 415355

Have to agree with the LS suggestion! Definitely worth a good look, Especially if they can be had at the same price point

/ 1025R vs GC1720 vs BX25 vs emax 22
Have to agree with the LS suggestion! Definitely worth a good look, Especially if they can be had at the same price point

I have a little update on my quest. After reviewing and shopping I am finding this.

Kioti- great tractor. not great for a backhoe, or ergos for me

Kubota- Expensive for what you get. A lot of preconceived issues with performance of hydraulics. So far this tractor BX25 is sized about right for me (along with the Kioti)

Mahindra- I think I will avoid this tractor. ALL OF THEM look like **** on the lot and they are all brand new. Lots of surface rust, and fading plastic. - Not only that, but not really a deal so why bother?

John Deere- Fantastic tractor, but I think it is going to be too big for the place that I live in. Its not a whole lot bigger than the Kubota, but it is. I fear that extra couple of inches may haunt me. Still undecided. Have a great bid for one at 193000 out the the door including 7.7% tax.

Massey Ferguson. 2 hour drive away from me and they dont have one int stock. :(
quote from a dealer even farther away
"MFGC1720 w/ R-4 Industrial Tires and a 12" Bucket $18,500.00 and payment of $252.52 @3.49 for 84mo.

MFGC1710 w/ R-4 Industrial Tires and 12" Bucket $17,500.

Delivery from us to you $450.
"
I would really like to see this tractor in person, but they are far far away if something happens.

LS Tractor- Called and talk to remote dealer. he was too busy to engage over the phone and price over phone indicted they more expensive then anything else. I think I am going to pass on an expensive no name tractor - Just me.