Finally A Tractor Owner!

/ Finally A Tractor Owner! #1  

JimHam

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M8200DTC
After lurking around here for the last couple years doing research I found the deal I was looking for and pulled the trigger today. My first tractor, a Kubota M8200. This site was a valuable tool in my education on tractors. Thanks to all who share their knowledge on these forums.

0312151217_resized.jpg

/ Finally A Tractor Owner! #2  
Looks like you came to a good conclusion. Dose the bale spear mean you have haying to do?

/ Finally A Tractor Owner! #3  
Congratulations on your new Tractor! It seems more than capable...So now that it has become reality, any projects to get the hour meter warmed up?!LOL!
Happy Tractoring!:tractor:

/ Finally A Tractor Owner! #5  
Man, go big or go home! My first tractor was the L3800. I thought that was pretty big. Loved it though. 2nd tractor will be BX2370-1. Probably delivered next week. You will be able to do a ton of work with that monster. Enjoy. Funny thing is I was at my dealer checking out the BX. He has 5 new M135's parked in a row with cabs, right next to the various BX's.

/ Finally A Tractor Owner! #6  
Your FIRST tractor? I hope you are kidding, or if not, made some life-style changes that now require some serious traction power! Looks nice, and if you post more photos, we'll enjoy seeing them. Those of us without cabs have certain unspeakable desires.

/ Finally A Tractor Owner!
My property is 55 acres of reclaimed mine land. Lots of rocks and boulders. I am currently clearing all the invasives like autumn olive trees and have been doing that by hand - using a chainsaw and building brush piles. Now I can pull up to them, put the bucket on the trunk and push them out then just push them all into a big pile for burning. I have some eroded areas that need some dirt moved around so I will be getting a heavy duty rear blade for that. Later building food plots for wildlife - turkey and deer and of course, mowing all those acres. Leveling ground and digging out rocks. I've got plenty to keep me busy in retirement. It was a sweet deal, the previous owner brought it in for winter service, put all new tires on it, filled the back ones with Methanol solution, then decided to trade up. I had to order a bucket for it but I'll keep the hay spear for later after I get things cleaned up so we can cut hay off of it.

/ Finally A Tractor Owner! #9  
Have fun young man that's what retirement is all about . You have a great tractor to do all those projects .

/ Finally A Tractor Owner! #10  
Great find! It should last a long time.

I'm not too far away in Washington Co Va but have never seen a reclaimed mine site in person and always wondered how they would work for farming, or more specifically, grazing cattle.

Any chance you can share a few pics of what the area looks like, how long it's been since it was reclaimed, ect?