Comparison MF 4608 vs. Kubota M7060

/ MF 4608 vs. Kubota M7060 #11  
I think it's an option on the Kubota cab version but I'm looking at the open platform. I plant food plots and some spots are hard to get into. I'm scared I'll tear up more in a cab.
Unless Kubota has made a recent change, the buddy seat is not available for the 7060 cab; correct me if I am wrong. As for the cab, I strongly suggest you reconsider. You may have to cut some trees and trim some limbs in order to avoid damage, but I don't think that you would ever regret buying a cab tractor.
My advice is to get the one you like the best since the cost of the tractors appears to be close. The Kubota does have a limited slip front axle but I am not sure if the Massey does.

/ MF 4608 vs. Kubota M7060 #12  
Unless Kubota has made a recent change, the buddy seat is not available for the 7060 cab; correct me if I am wrong. As for the cab, I strongly suggest you reconsider. You may have to cut some trees and trim some limbs in order to avoid damage, but I don't think that you would ever regret buying a cab tractor.
My advice is to get the one you like the best since the cost of the tractors appears to be close. The Kubota does have a limited slip front axle but I am not sure if the Massey does.
I believe the front axle on my 1648 & 1652, which appears to be nearly identical (maybe smaller) to the axle on the 4608,09,10... Is limited slip when engaged. The tires appear to spin independently.

I completely agree with you on a CAB. I'll never go back to open station on my main tractor.

/ MF 4608 vs. Kubota M7060 #13  

Honestly I'm not sure. I thought one dealer I talked to said it was an option but I just looked threw the m series catalog and didn't see any mention of the buddy seat. He couldn't even tell me how DPF worked so he probably didn't know what he was talking about. I've been amazed how salesmen try to sale me a tractor but can't even tell me anything about it. If I sold tractors I'd study and know everything about every tractor I had on my lot. Maybe I just expect to much.

As far as a cab I'm sure y'all are right and I'd probably never go back to an open if I actually tried a cab but I'm still a spring chicken as my boss always tells me and would rather spend the extra money I save on an implement. Maybe when I retire about 30 years from now I'll trade in my open platform for a cab and I'll post back on here how I wish I listened to y'all lol.

I'm still at a toss up between the M7060 and the 4608. Kubota called yesterday and I told him I was planning on going with the Massey so he offered 0% for 60 trying to get me to change my mind. I asked him for 0% orginaly but he said there was no way at the price he quoted me. Funny how they make it happen when you tell them you're buying from someone other brand. I asked Massey about 0% and he said there's no way too. I think I'm gonna call him and ask again and if he says no tell him I'm going with Kubota. If he'll do 0% I'll go with Massey.

/ MF 4608 vs. Kubota M7060 #14  
I don't know if AGCO (Massey's parent) offers 0% financing. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen it offered.

/ MF 4608 vs. Kubota M7060 #15  
I don't know if AGCO (Massey's parent) offers 0% financing. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen it offered.

I just double checked and according to their website they have 0% for 60 months on the 4600 series until September 30. Also have it for a few other models as well. Dealer said they have 0% but couldn't give it to me at the price he quoted me. He offered me 3.49% I believe was the rate and I told him no thanks my bank has 2% on farm equipment. I hope he changes his mind but if he doesn't I reckon I'll bleed orange..

/ MF 4608 vs. Kubota M7060 #16  
Good luck with your decision. Buying a new tractor is fun :D but also very stressful.:confused:They are both good machines and should give you many years of good service if properly maintained.
The Massey web site shows 0% for 60 months but that sometimes equates to a higher sales price up front.

/ MF 4608 vs. Kubota M7060 #17  
Good luck with your decision. Buying a new tractor is fun :D but also very stressful.:confused:They are both good machines and should give you many years of good service if properly maintained.
The Massey web site shows 0% for 60 months but that sometimes equates to a higher sales price up front.

You're exactly right. They will give you a cash price or a 0% finance price which is always higher than cash. At least that's how it's been for me with equipment sales.

/ MF 4608 vs. Kubota M7060 #18  
I just double checked and according to their website they have 0% for 60 months on the 4600 series until September 30. Also have it for a few other models as well. Dealer said they have 0% but couldn't give it to me at the price he quoted me. He offered me 3.49% I believe was the rate and I told him no thanks my bank has 2% on farm equipment. I hope he changes his mind but if he doesn't I reckon I'll bleed orange..

I certainly wouldn't let that be my deciding factor... If for example, the "out the door" price for both machines was $40k, their 0% vs your banks 2% only equates to $2000 total in interest. That's only a 5% total difference. For that minor amount, I'd go with whatever tractor/dealer you felt was best for you.

/ MF 4608 vs. Kubota M7060 #19  
I considered Kubota too had a nicer cab but I wound up getting the 4610 with 100hp for less $$$ than the 85hp Kubota and the no mantainence emission was what I really liked about massey got 400hrs on it now with no problems

/ MF 4608 vs. Kubota M7060 #20  
I agree with TSO, if you can get 2% and the pricing is the same go with whichever you like the best. If paying an extra $2k in interest makes a difference, make a slightly larger monthly payment and you won't pay the extra interest. Also if the kubota dealer is offering you 0% you should be able to squeeze a better cash price out of him if you finance through your bank. 0% interest isn't free money no matter what they say.