Got it!

/ Got it! #1  

walsh7897

After 3 years of looking, countless hours reading this very forum and dozens of "almost bought its", I found the tractor-love of my life and bought her. 2013 Farmall 50B, HST with FEL. Had 49 hours when I got her. Has 53 now and I am just making up excuses to start her up. I will try to attach two pictures. One is the transport rig. Had to drive 150 miles for her. After reading about transport options, I realize that just this picture should touch off debate. My truck is a dually (good for towing) but a 6.0 L gas. Yikes! My trailer is rated for 7000 pounds. I bought chains and four binders (those cost me an unexpected $200) and tucked down all four corners. No way did I want her rolling off. Is it wrong that I already washed her and put on a coat of wax? We have a small horse farm and she will move manure, care for the pasture and maintain the sand in our outdoor arena. Hopefully also cut horse-walking trails in our rear woods. My wife's father, who is no longer living, owned an IH dealership in Geneseo, IL, so buying a Case IH (even if it is really just an LS painted red) was my best option. My girls would not let me buy green or orange, despite how tempting it was for me. You might have noted that I refer to the machine as a "her". Since it is me, my wife and three daughters, I have come to realize that the females do the heavy lifting in our world. My wife has a commercial grade Toro Zero Turn and named it Maud. I have named the Farmall Jean Louise, but we will call her Scout. My oldest and I are reading To Kill a Mockingbird, so that seems fitting. Guess that is what I know. Was not sure where to post this, so maybe the moderators can move it if need be. Off to go look at her in the barn.

Attachments

• image-2329979230.jpg
    image-2329979230.jpg
    663.7 KB · Views: 239
  • image-1766325061.jpg
    image-1766325061.jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 255
   / Got it! #2  
Ah. but it's a "good" sickness. Waxing just helps preserve value. You will be getting lots done, and having a bit of fun doing it. Now, for some more attachments...

/ Got it! #3  
Nice tractor, looks like you are ready for the 50 hr maint unless you have proof the previous owner did it.

/ Got it! #4  
Congrats on the new tractor, Its a great day at your place when the new tractor arrives !!! Great pics..keep us posted on your experience with it, and be safe,

From CT

/ Got it! #5  
Welcome Walsh,
Looks like Scout has found a good family. Like you, we have three daughters as well, although my guess is I'm a little older.

Don't forget to tuck Scout in tonight and use her safely.
John

/ Got it! #6  
Congratulations and 'May God Have Mercy On Your Soul' as now the implement collection begins!

Lets see... horse property... combination bale spike/fork lift for the FEL, chain harrow for the manure in the paddocks, quick hitch for the 3ph, ballast box to balance out the round bale, slasher, maybe a grapple...

Ooooh, you're going to have fun.

/ Got it! #7  
Congrats on the new tractor. LS builds a solid unit, and tractors look better in red anyhow! I had that same tractor in blue, put 150 hrs on her, and sold her to another member here. The nice thing about buying a Case, is that they have almost as much swag available as JD, hats, shirts, etc ...

Truck looks good too.

/ Got it! #8  
Nice tractor, and good idea putting a coat of wax on it right away. Is it just me or is that FEL huge? Congratulations.

/ Got it! #9  
So it's a Case, LS, and a Farmall? My grandad had a Farmall in the 70's and it was old then. Nice looking tractor and loader. Go have some fun and rub some of that wax off.