SCUT for a 3/4 acre lot , am I nuts??

/ SCUT for a 3/4 acre lot , am I nuts?? #1  

Chvypowa

Tractor
2013 BX25D
Overkill or not? I feel like I'd get plenty of use out of it?

Thoughts about having a tractor for such a small lot?

/ SCUT for a 3/4 acre lot , am I nuts?? #2  
Does the 3/4 of an acre have a home or other buildings on it? Far be it from me to call something overkill because I am a Tim "the Toolman" Taylor believer. But, coming from personal experience, I found a good deal on a tractor before I purchased my property. I live on 3/4 an acre lot in my neighborhood and I managed to completely destroy my back lawn "playing around" before purchasing 20 acres where I can use the tractor and implements.

/ SCUT for a 3/4 acre lot , am I nuts?? #3  
I have 1 1/4 acre with woods and rocks. Started with a JD 130 and a small trailer trying to clean up the lot. Got smart and bought a BX2200 with FEL and MMM plus 5ft rototiller and 5ft rear blade.

Best thing I did. Has saved me countless hours working the trees and loading the burn pile. Also clears my drive and neighbors drive of snow without effort.
Besides it is just so much fun to run.

And welcome to TBN

/ SCUT for a 3/4 acre lot , am I nuts?? #4  
Nobody can say.
I have a B7610 (23 HP) for a 1/4 acre lot in Alexandria, Va. Bought a M4700 (50HP) for a half acre lot in Alexandria, Va. Definitely overkill. But moved the M4700 down to a 70 acre lot in Mississippi after a year.

Plan what jobs you are going to do and buy some more land if you need an excuse.

/ SCUT for a 3/4 acre lot , am I nuts?? #5  
Welcome to TBN!

If you have a place to store it, and you think you have plenty of uses for it, you won't be sorry it's around! Two years ago we had a draught and some of our landscaping died. My in-laws were in town, and they love to garden, so my wife and her folks spent the better part of a day digging up the few things in front of the house that needed to be replaced....they were worn out. The next day I was home and said I would help on the back side of the house....20 minutes with my tractor and I had everything out that needed to go. Needless to say, they were all amazed at how quickly, and easily, it went with a machine...there simply is no comparison.

/ SCUT for a 3/4 acre lot , am I nuts?? #6  
No, you're not nuts. If you have a big lawn, lots of landscaping, and snow to move, a SCUT is perfectly designed for .75 acres. A lawn tractor will work, but a SCUT is SOO much more fun (and money BTW). Now, if you were looking a 45HP, then your nuts.

/ SCUT for a 3/4 acre lot , am I nuts?? #7  
No, you're not nuts. If you have a big lawn, lots of landscaping, and snow to move, a SCUT is perfectly designed for .75 acres. A lawn tractor will work, but a SCUT is SOO much more fun (and money BTW). Now, if you were looking a 45HP, then your nuts.
Yup, in my case for that .75 acres I probably would have gone at least 60HP :) ;)

/ SCUT for a 3/4 acre lot , am I nuts?? #8  
I'd say you were nuts only if you have a cab on the tractor.

Otherwise, if that is what you want that is just fine.

Good luck.

MoKelly

/ SCUT for a 3/4 acre lot , am I nuts?? #9  
It's not much different then having a car that will do 200MPH when your only going to drive it at the speed limit in the states.

/ SCUT for a 3/4 acre lot , am I nuts?? #10  
Nuts ? No way. You may question the expense initially, but it wont take long for that to go away! my lot is just under an acre, I have a 54" mmm that's the same size deck you'd get for a rider anyhow, having a loader is priceless. Once you start using the machine you'll be amazed at how quickly you find uses for it. Good luck searching.