Buying Advice Going to look at a 4720 JD!

/ Going to look at a 4720 JD! #1  

gcfisher75

Tractor
john deere 4010 compact
Going to look at a 4720 tmmrw, was hoping to find out any known issues to look for, problems...etc

Here is a list of the details and what I know about it:

Cab tractor
Hydrostatic
700 hrs
Rear wiper
Air seat
Rear work lights
400x loader (I'd rather it have the 400cx)

Comes with:
6' king kutter brush hog
6' frontier tiller
6' landscape rake
And a post hole digger

Price is $28,000 which I think is pretty darn good for the package.... what do you all think? Thanks in advance!

/ Going to look at a 4720 JD! #3  
That does sound like a good deal. The only problem that I can think of that I have seen a few times, is a coolant leak on the front timing chain cover. Parts are cheap, but it's a real pain to get too. Overall, they seem to be solid.

/ Going to look at a 4720 JD! #4  
Sounds reasonable to me, if the attachments are in good shape too. Don't overlook the year model as the power was increased for the 2009 year.

/ Going to look at a 4720 JD! #5  
I've got a 2007 open station with the 400x loader and it's been pretty much bulletproof. For a cab model with all the attachments included, that price is a steal.

/ Going to look at a 4720 JD! #6  
I think that is a GREAT price. If it's in good shape, snatch it up. Although, I hate paying asking price for anything, so I'd still try to haggle LOL..

Even used, the...

Brushog is worth $500
Tiller is worth $1000
Rake is worth $250
PHD is worth $400

So, by my very loose estimates, you're getting $2150 of used implements in the deal, so you're only paying $25,850 for a 66hp HST Cab CUT with Loader (if you pay the asking price :D )