Shipping Question

/ Shipping Question #1  

Cranky

Tractor
JD 4720
How much should I expect to pay to ship a Kubota L5740 approx 500 miles (from Central KS to North Texas)?

I received a quote for $1,500.

Thanks!

/ Shipping Question #2  
Well, that would be $3 per loaded mile, which is about twice what I have seen quoted in the past. Shop around, find somebody with a flatbed who would do it for $1.50 and everyone would be happy. (that's $750...)

/ Shipping Question #3  
At that kind of price I'd be looking for a trailer to rent.
Shucks you should be able to buy one for $1500, haul it and sell later on. (providing you have the vehicle to tow)

/ Shipping Question #4  
2.50 - 3 a loaded mile is pretty typical now a days

/ Shipping Question
At that kind of price I'd be looking for a trailer to rent.
Shucks you should be able to buy one for $1500, haul it and sell later on. (providing you have the vehicle to tow)

That is a great idea that I hadn't thought of.

I may be taking a road trip. :)

/ Shipping Question #7  
When moving from Virginia to California about a year ago I got quotes in the range of $3800 dollars to ship my B21. Bought a new heavy duty trailer for $4100 and pulled it myself since I had to drive the pickup across country anyway. Cost comparable but at least now I have the trailer.

/ Shipping Question #8  
My neighbor owns a couple of semis and he says the going rate is $150 to load, and $3 per loaded mile.

/ Shipping Question #10  
I usually charge about $2 per mile, but unfortunately I usually stick around the Midwest. Sorry.