Oh-oh...

/ Oh-oh...
Something is worth only what someone is willing to pay. Can be hard to take. My kids watch storage wars, can't stand it. They say what's worth, but don't show them selling. Show me the sale with cash in hand, then it is worth that.

That's a fact.

The Good News is, I've already received offers on some stuff I posted on Craigslist this afternoon. One at the asking price with no quibbling (must have priced it too low...) and one about in the middle between what I asked and what I would take. If they both show up with the cash, I'm a happy guy!

/ Oh-oh... #12  
I'm waiting on a counter-offer from Union Farm Equipment in Union, as well as a quote on the equivalent New Holland.
What's the equivalent New Holland? I don't think they offer a cab in a tractor that small.

/ Oh-oh...
What's the equivalent New Holland? I don't think they offer a cab in a tractor that small.

A very good question indeed. I wasn't able to find one on the NH website, so you may well be correct, in which case a NH is a no-go. We'll see what the dealer says.

/ Oh-oh... #14  
I actually don't know of any other company besides Kubota that offers a factory cab in a tractor that small.

/ Oh-oh... #15  
I actually don't know of any other company besides Kubota that offers a factory cab in a tractor that small.

Maybe covermytractor.com or other aftermarket cab supplier offers a cab for a small NH? It won't be as nice of a cab certainly, but maybe good enough for winter.

/ Oh-oh... #16  

I looked at a Mahindra Max 26 factory cab about a month ago...........$22,000 with FEL.Didn't appear to have A/C but I may be wrong on that.

/ Oh-oh... #17  
I was quoted nearly the same price here in indiana. However I have been thinking about a LS tractor as there is a dealer about 40 miles away. I havent asked about pricing yet but it seems you can get a bit more for less. I have tried researching LS teir 4 problems and havent found much and possibly they just dont have the issues that kubota have. A guy can really rack his brain on this tier 4 stuff. I have been told that LS is building their own engines and will be getting rid of the regen possibly this summer. Then again I dont like having something with a newly redesigned motor.

/ Oh-oh... #18  
I was quoted nearly the same price here in indiana. However I have been thinking about a LS tractor as there is a dealer about 40 miles away. I havent asked about pricing yet but it seems you can get a bit more for less. I have tried researching LS teir 4 problems and havent found much and possibly they just dont have the issues that kubota have. A guy can really rack his brain on this tier 4 stuff. I have been told that LS is building their own engines and will be getting rid of the regen possibly this summer. Then again I dont like having something with a newly redesigned motor.

Well, the 2650 doesn't have the new Tier IV final equipment, so it's a non-issue there. The problems have been with the B3350, which does have all that new claptrap. Sounds like Kubota has begun to address the problem on that model from stuff I have read in another thread. Even so, even properly operating DPF/Regen procedures seem like a pain in the butt to me. If you can get by with 26HP and below, which will fall under the older Tier IV Interim standard and have no new emissions hardware, do it. Or look for an older machine in the size/HP you need that is the older Tier IV Interim standard.

I have not seen an LS cab model in person, but I can vouch that Kubota cab models are top notch. You can tell they have been offering cabs for a while. The B2650 cab is a very nice machine, and I do think you get what you pay for.

/ Oh-oh... #20  
Well, the 2650 doesn't have the new Tier IV final equipment, so it's a non-issue there. The problems have been with the B3350, which does have all that new claptrap. Sounds like Kubota has begun to address the problem on that model from stuff I have read in another thread. Even so, even properly operating DPF/Regen procedures seem like a pain in the butt to me. If you can get by with 26HP and below, which will fall under the older Tier IV Interim standard and have no new emissions hardware, do it. Or look for an older machine in the size/HP you need that is the older Tier IV Interim standard.

I have not seen an LS cab model in person, but I can vouch that Kubota cab models are top notch. You can tell they have been offering cabs for a while. The B2650 cab is a very nice machine, and I do think you get what you pay for.

The cabs on those smaller tractors aren't as nice as the cabs in the larger tractors. The B series cabs feel like after thoughts, almost like aftermarket. Kubota makes a good machine, but the OP will get much more for his dollar with a cabbed LS.

Surely you don't think that $28,500 would be better spent on a 26 HP tractor that can only lift around 800 lbs, than a 40-46 HP tractor that can lift 2500 ... And has more/better features, nicer cab, better warranty, etc ???