Buying Advice Chinese yes or no.

/ Chinese yes or no. #1  

Mr Coutts

Tractor
none
Im in the market for a tractor, and the chinese tractors are so cheap at the moment,been looking at tractors with about 30 to 45 hp,must have a 4in1 bucket a slasher, I have 15 acres of nearly flat land in nsw Australia.

/ Chinese yes or no. #2  
I'm not telling you what tractor to buy, but all you have to do is look at and read some forums and pay attention to the posts and you will see which tractors are having or will have troubles. You can any day and read posts of folks that bought new or used tractor and see by the things they ask about like "why is my tractor doing this or that" and 9 times out 10 it will be low hour tractor thats have a problem. The chinese tractors are cheap and you get what you pay for. There is a saying "You can go broke saving a buck". I wish you good luck.

/ Chinese yes or no. #3  
If you are handy with tools and can do your own repairs, the Chinese tractors can be a good buy. You need to do your research as there are some fly by night operators.
Check out this thread and you might get a better idea. Quite a few of the contributors are like yourself, Aussies, so their comments would be of some help to you.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/chinese-tractors/246163-what-buy.html

Hope it is of some help for you.

In my opinion, I would look at either Dong Feng or Foton brands,

/ Chinese yes or no.
Thanks guy I am taking it in and doxford have been looking at the Dong Feng they look good,and Fluid i here you, but i really need to save a lot of bucks.lol

/ Chinese yes or no. #5  
Go to the Chinese section and read...I think you can make your own decision after reading several post in that section... They are cheap for a reason..

/ Chinese yes or no. #6  
The Chinese stuff often looks good but they seem to have an aversion to using good quality metal, good quality rubber, and tightening up the nuts. That said, i'm a sucker for cheap Chinese electric or petrol tools because I don't expect much and I'm pretty handy with a spanner. I'd be very wary of Chinese tractor though. I'd REALLY read up a lot and talk to owners in your area. A tractor, unlike say a cheap chinese chainsaw, is not something you want sitting in your shed in pieces until you get around to fixing it.

/ Chinese yes or no. #7  
Fluid i here you, but i really need to save a lot of bucks.lol

Then why are you asking?

If you're trying to save money, nearly the worst thing you can do is buy a cheap machine that will almost certainly have problems. Having questionable parts support will only make that worse when you have to pay someone to custom make a part you can't get. Buy the best quality machine you can, and your overall costs will be lower over time.

/ Chinese yes or no. #8  
They said the same thing about both the Korean and Japanese made cars back in the 60's and 70's. Now look at the market - the Japanese are in the lead and the Koreans a close second (I am ignoring the European brands deliberately). The major US car companies are still in trouble over their sales practices and policies, where as the foreign companies have done very well.

I wanted a new tractor - not one that someone else had manage to damage . I didn't want to buy someone else's problems in the major brands. New was much too expensive for me in the major brands - three to four times as expensive.

For me, the Jinma has worked out fine - my only regret is having not bought a tractor with a cab (I have an open station one). Digging snow at -20C without the benefit of a heated cab is somewhat painful.

As long as a person buys with their eyes open, does a lot of research and is mechanically inclined, a Chinese tractor can be a good buy. And for the record, it has been easier for me to buy parts for the Chinese tractor I own (haven't had to buy too many parts) than it was to buy parts for the 1959 MF65 tractor that I owned for several years.

Don't disregard the Chinese because of "rumours" - do some research. You will find all tractors have problems. Currently there are brand new John Deere 55** series tractors (big bucks) with brake problems that John Deere seems to want to do nothing about.

Which is better US made John Deere or Chinese made Foton, Dong Feng, Jinma etc.

Attachments

• Jinma 554 digging out the propane - 2.jpg
    Jinma 554 digging out the propane - 2.jpg
    664.9 KB · Views: 174
  • Jinma 554 digging out the propane - 3.jpg
    Jinma 554 digging out the propane - 3.jpg
    773.7 KB · Views: 222
   / Chinese yes or no. #9  
They said the same thing about both the Korean and Japanese made cars back in the 60's and 70's. Now look at the market - the Japanese are in the lead and the Koreans a close second (I am ignoring the European brands deliberately). The major US car companies are still in trouble over their sales practices and policies, where as the foreign companies have done very well.

Your perception is not reality. As you can see, the Japanese are not "in the lead" and the Koreans are not a "close second" - at least in the United States automobile market.

2014 US Car Sales by Manufacturer Market Share:

17.8% - General Motors
15.3% - Ford
13.9% - Toyota
12.5% - Chrysler
9.3% - Nissan
8.7% - Honda
4.2% - Hyundai
3.5% - Kia

The remainder of the manufacturers are single digits - some less than 1% of the market.
I wanted a new tractor - not one that someone else had manage to damage . I didn't want to buy someone else's problems in the major brands. New was much too expensive for me in the major brands - three to four times as expensive.

For me, the Jinma has worked out fine - my only regret is having not bought a tractor with a cab (I have an open station one). Digging snow at -20C without the benefit of a heated cab is somewhat painful.

As long as a person buys with their eyes open, does a lot of research and is mechanically inclined, a Chinese tractor can be a good buy. And for the record, it has been easier for me to buy parts for the Chinese tractor I own (haven't had to buy too many parts) than it was to buy parts for the 1959 MF65 tractor that I owned for several years.

Don't disregard the Chinese because of "rumours" - do some research. You will find all tractors have problems. Currently there are brand new John Deere 55** series tractors (big bucks) with brake problems that John Deere seems to want to do nothing about.

Which is better US made John Deere or Chinese made Foton, Dong Feng, Jinma etc.

I won't comment on the remainder of your post - but, your "facts" are equally suspect, and are really more personal opinion than information that can be backed up with hard numbers.

/ Chinese yes or no. #10  
Ouch - sorry if I offended . You are entitled to your opinion just as I am to mine.
My comments are no less relevant than the others in this post, so please don't go off the deep end.
From your posting history there isn't much you agree on at all.