Price Check LS XR4040

/ Price Check LS XR4040 #1  

skidsareforkids

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS XR4040
Like the title says I'm looking for a price check on an LS XR4040 with a loader. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on one and was qouted $21,995 without any haggling. Does this seem to be a no haggle price or is there some wiggle room?

/ Price Check LS XR4040 #4  
Welcome to TBN..............

Sounds like a fair price.
I found a couple XR4040's w/loader online for $21,800-23,995. Cab models are around $28,800.

Since you are in Texas give RCOtractor a call for a quote. He sells and delivers all over the country. Has good reviews on here from other members.

/ Price Check LS XR4040
That is one of the dealerships I'm looking at.

Welcome to TBN..............

Sounds like a fair price.
I found a couple XR4040's w/loader online for $21,800-23,995. Cab models are around $28,800.

Since you are in Texas give RCOtractor a call for a quote. He sells and delivers all over the country. Has good reviews on here from other members.

/ Price Check LS XR4040 #6  
You can't go wrong with RCO. They are a good dealer. When I was shopping, they gave me their best price from the start without any game playing. I appreciated that.

I would encourage you to consider the HST unless you're just using it for plowing or mowing pastures. If you do much loader work, the HST is infinitely better. And if you ever sell it, the HST model will have a higher resale and will be easier to sell.

/ Price Check LS XR4040
They do seem to be a very reputable dealer. I'm just wondering how much negotiating I've got left at this price. I was hoping to get some more feedback from people that have recently bought an XR4040.

/ Price Check LS XR4040 #8  
They do seem to be a very reputable dealer. I'm just wondering how much negotiating I've got left at this price. I was hoping to get some more feedback from people that have recently bought an XR4040.

Maybe a couple hundred dollars, or maybe nothing at all. Keep in mind that prices vary a bit by region, so even if someone else bought for $500 more or less, that could simply be the regional difference (at least some of which is shipping).

When I bought my LS the dealer came down $300 from asking because it let him fill an entire truckload, which lowers their shipping costs.

You might be more likely to get them to throw in a shop manual (which may save you major troubles in the future), and/or the supplies for the first scheduled service.

/ Price Check LS XR4040 #9  
When I dealt with RCO, the guy made it clear that they gave me their best price (and it was a good price) and that was the bottom line. I think Bart is right - you might be able to get a little bit more off, but we are talking a few hundred, not thousands.

You might have better luck getting them to throw in loading the rear tires with fluid, doing the first service free (or at least free labor), throwing in a service manual or some other something that you're gonna want anyway.

/ Price Check LS XR4040
Thanks guys, I wasn't thinking thousands but was curious how much wiggle room there was. I've got a pretty good idea of how to approach Friday now.