Need to Replace my JD 2210 (1023E) with a Different SCUT... Need Assistance.

/ Need to Replace my JD 2210 (1023E) with a Different SCUT... Need Assistance. #1  

2210ower

Tractor
Morning Gentlemen,

I started this post on an ongoing thread, but I think it is perhaps more appropriate to start a new thread.

I am about to go from a JD 2210 (newer mdl is 1023E) Green to another color. I love my 2210 and for the most part has done and more than what was needed though the "after glow" is now gone; the local service/support has deteriorated to the point I need to get another tractor/dealer, and perhaps you all can help in that process.

I bought the 2210 in 2004 and I'm sure models, technology and features have significantly changed, but my needs/requirements have not.

Terrain and Use: I have 4 acres and my terrain is hilly with steep slopes, plenty of trees to go around, and a fair amount of mulch/dirt landscaping needs, and snow plowing.

The front lawn and other areas of the property are steep enough that I need to wait for the morning dew to burn off before mowing/working on it or I take the chance of sliding or spinning the wheels, (even with the industrial tires, 4wd, in lo gear!) I really need a SCUT as any machine much larger would be a bit dangerous on my property for maneuverability and tight spaces. The JD2210 certainly did the job with care, though in only 600 hours it thru a bearing in the HST which cost me a bundle.

The 2210 came with foam filled industrial tires to lower the center of gravity and provide more front weight, FEL, 54" MMM, 56" front blade all of which I use depending on the season, and I would like to get the same attachments on my new different color machine.

So far in wading through my SCUT choices, and with the help of some forum members, it seems my selections are few. But perhaps we are missing something.

I am not looking at Kubota's.

Basic Requirements for New Machine:
SCUT
FEL
MMM
Front Blade w/ squeegee
Industrial Tire

So gentlemen, any help in selecting a new SCUT would be very much appreciated as it will be another big investment. Will sell the 2210 and attachments after I get the new machine.

Re's

Mike

/ Need to Replace my JD 2210 (1023E) with a Different SCUT... Need Assistance. #2  
There are a few good SCUTs out there, but by eliminating Kubota you're skipping over the top selling SCUT with the most aftermarket/third-party support. So unless there is a good reason, I'd at least keep the BX series in consideration.

/ Need to Replace my JD 2210 (1023E) with a Different SCUT... Need Assistance. #3  
Looks like you will have to change your ID from 2210ower. lol.

Several good choices other than Kubota (I am biased in favor of Kubota).
I am sure several members can give you insight to the durability and functionality.

/ Need to Replace my JD 2210 (1023E) with a Different SCUT... Need Assistance.
Well, I am not out of the question using Kubota, however my local dealer knows the terrain I am working on and using an over abundance of caution is very hesitant about putting one on the property when he came out here 11 years ago when first looking to get a tractor. Talked to him about a year ago, and he was like "oh yeah, I remember that".. Now the JD2210 worked perfectly well on the terrain with zero mishaps (though there were times when the pucker factor got a little high!) and I'm sure the Kubota BX series would as well.. But, if the local Kubota dealer wont support the tractor there is not much I can do about it..

LOL.. yep, based upon my findings I may have to change it to "Larry's Lawn and Landscaping Service", LOL... I'm even doing the trade-off in $$ about what it would cost just to have someone come out and do what I want vs. how much the tractor and maintenance would cost.. Besides the cost it is the convenience factor along with I have a home based business and from time to time need the FEL to move large furniture around for shipping/receiving..

If I wasn't a captive customer being used as an "annuity" for the local JD service dept I would stick with green, but it is what it is...

So any and all help/insight would be greatly appreciated...

Mike

/ Need to Replace my JD 2210 (1023E) with a Different SCUT... Need Assistance. #5  
I would shop for a dealer and then look for a tractor. I have similar property to care for and my Massey GC2400 is doing great. I would like to replace it with a new one with a backhoe but still stay RED.

/ Need to Replace my JD 2210 (1023E) with a Different SCUT... Need Assistance. #6  
I would shop for a dealer and then look for a tractor. I have similar property to care for and my Massey GC2400 is doing great. I would like to replace it with a new one with a backhoe but still stay RED.

I think that's great advice as that appears to be the gating issue.. Most non-green and orange dealerships appear to be at great distances.. Going to take a day to see what is in the area.. Thanks, Mike

/ Need to Replace my JD 2210 (1023E) with a Different SCUT... Need Assistance. #7  
You make it sound as if your Kubota Dealer makes all your decisions for you. After 11 years taking care of this specific property I assume you would be the expert on what is safe or not safe on the terraine, unless the Kubota dealer has been mowing your lawn for you all these years. :)

/ Need to Replace my JD 2210 (1023E) with a Different SCUT... Need Assistance. #8  
I don't get the part about how the Kubota dealer won't support the tractor. He won't sell it to you because of your terrain? I think that's up to you not him.

/ Need to Replace my JD 2210 (1023E) with a Different SCUT... Need Assistance. #9  
Mahindra has several models that might work for you, if you have a good dealer nearby.

/ Need to Replace my JD 2210 (1023E) with a Different SCUT... Need Assistance. #10  
I don't get the part about how the Kubota dealer won't support the tractor. He won't sell it to you because of your terrain? I think that's up to you not him.

Gentlemen, I agree 100%.. Perhaps 11 years ago when the property needed some significant landscaping it looked to be daunting and perilous, and to be perfectly honest it was, so I could understand the dealers hesitation.. however the JD 2210 did the job, though it did cost a thrown bearing in the HST in the process at only 600 hours.. If it wasn't for the local dealer I would most likely get the newer JD 1023E as a replacement, but like my neighbors we feel that the local dealers service dept is just hosing us for all its worth.. So I am leaving the green pastures, but doing so to make sure that the grass really is not "greener" than currently is..

I've already contact the Kioti and will be contacting MF tomorrow...

I would certainly consider getting a Kubota, but with the local dealer not very supportive I would be going from the green frying pan into an orange fire...

BTW, I "sell" 2 or 3 JD's a year just by working on the property.. people are always coming by saying "hey you, what model of tractor is that? if it can work on your property it certainly will work on mine". ... Part of the turf I need to mow/service in the rear area is about 20' higher than the roof of my large colonial home, and the home itself sits on a 40' hill off the road...

Anyhow.. like I said.. all help will be appreciated...

Mike