Going orange..maybe..

/ Going orange..maybe.. #11  
the B2650/3350 comes to nearly my chest. Looks like about a 36" diameter tire of them, so much bigger than I am used to...

I put 400 hours on a B3300SU, which I believe was the predecessor to the B3350, in a Kubota tractor-loader package.

The B3300SU was a little less stable than I felt comfortable with for the long term. Light frame, zippy engine, narrow stance and tall tires made it a little tippy.

I sold it and bought a heavier L3560 tractor-loader. L3560 is very stable. Mine has R4/Industrial Tires. I drive on dry turf in 2-WD mode regularly and do not mark turf. L3560 tractor-loader weighs 5,400 pounds.

PHOTO: There is a Rollover Box Blade on the B3300SU 3-Pt. as counterbalance to the FEL load.

Attachments

• IMG_0451.JPG
    IMG_0451.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 181
   / Going orange..maybe.. #12  
I really like the size of my b2620! It goes anywhere and has the power to do about any task I ask it too

/ Going orange..maybe..
I put 400 hours on a B3300SU, which I believe was the predecessor to the B3350, in a Kubota tractor-loader package.

The B3300SU was a little less stable than I felt comfortable with for the long term. Light frame, zippy engine, narrow stance and tall tires made it a little tippy.

I sold it and bought a heavier L3560 tractor-loader. L3560 is very stable. Mine has R4/Industrial Tires. I drive on dry turf in 2-WD mode regularly and do not mark turf. L3560 tractor-loader weighs 5,400 pounds.

I would never drive your tractor in my yard, well, at least not on a weekly basis! I have two concerns, first is rutting after repeated passes. I try to mix up my mowing pattern every week at least bit, and I certainly cannot go out for a couple days after some good rain. I also have a septic system, I don't go over the tank, but I do go over the leach field. Not something I would want to do with a machine that big!

Stability is a concern, but my yard slopes relatively gently, nothing that would put any of these tractors at risk I think. BUT the center of gravity on both the B01 and B50 series is much higher when compared to the SCUT class. My GC2400 has slightly lower ground clearance than the kubota BX series at only 6.7 inches, the B01 has 12" and the B50 has a bit over 14. They sit really tall. I do not have filled tired, and I do not intend to have filled tires. On Kubota's website, they offer a wheels spacer kit (not sure how big), but it also says its incompatible with the MMMs....

/ Going orange..maybe.. #15  
You'd be happy with a B2620 or the new B2601. Its not a much longer wheel base than a subcompact but in operation feels much more husky.

/ Going orange..maybe..
You'd be happy with a B2620 or the new B2601. Its not a much longer wheel base than a subcompact but in operation feels much more husky.

I guess I am worried that a B2601 wouldn't be enough of a difference to justify the cost of changing machines...If I look at the loader capacities, the B01 series is ~50% more, and B50 is not quite 100% more. Massey's new subcompact loader, the DL95 gets within ~100 lbs of the capacity of the B2601. I know the overall package is bigger/stronger, but I am worried I'll still be disappointed, because it's not tha tbig of a difference. However, going too large would also be a problem...

/ Going orange..maybe.. #17  
I don't know much at all about the machines you are considering, but I do know this: our L3130 with loaded R-4s was no good on turf- compacted the soil, left tire lug depressions, etc., unless it was totally dry- in which case, the grass wouldn't need cutting because it was dying. Our L3400, weighing in at more than 2000 lbs less, (and with turf tires) is much gentler. Get a SSQA loader bucket, and a set of rear remotes, and you will be set to plow snow. If I had a cab, I would be almost happy to see snow. Oh- I added a set of wheel spacers on the rears, and you can feel the stability difference. Even looks more "correct" with them. In my case, I wanted clearance for chains.

/ Going orange..maybe..
I don't know much at all about the machines you are considering, but I do know this: our L3130 with loaded R-4s was no good on turf- compacted the soil, left tire lug depressions, etc., unless it was totally dry- in which case, the grass wouldn't need cutting because it was dying. Our L3400, weighing in at more than 2000 lbs less, (and with turf tires) is much gentler. Get a SSQA loader bucket, and a set of rear remotes, and you will be set to plow snow. If I had a cab, I would be almost happy to see snow. Oh- I added a set of wheel spacers on the rears, and you can feel the stability difference. Even looks more "correct" with them. In my case, I wanted clearance for chains.

Right, no matter what, I plan to have unloaded turf tires like I do now. Wheels spaces seem to be dependent upon the MMM. On the Kubota website, the factory spacers are incompatible with both the 60" and 72" MMM. I plan to get the 60" no matter which tractor. I wonder if it because its a set of 4 spacers, and they don't want you spacing out the front because the MMM are driver over....and well, if your front tires aren't in the right place, you could damage the deck..or is it because if the rear wheels were spaced out, they would interfere with the deck in some way....maybe both?

/ Going orange..maybe.. #19  
I guess I am worried that a B2601 wouldn't be enough of a difference to justify the cost of changing machines...If I look at the loader capacities, the B01 series is ~50% more, and B50 is not quite 100% more. Massey's new subcompact loader, the DL95 gets within ~100 lbs of the capacity of the B2601. I know the overall package is bigger/stronger, but I am worried I'll still be disappointed, because it's not tha tbig of a difference. However, going too large would also be a problem...

Just be careful about loader capacity on a subcompact. There are several subcompacts that have high loader capacity, but I honestly don't see enough beef or wheelbase in them to allow for proper ballast to make the loader capacity "usable" in a practical manner. You may need to hang something pretty big and heavy off the back end to reach that loader capacity safely on such a small tractor. That is not practical in many scenarios.

/ Going orange..maybe..
Just be careful about loader capacity on a subcompact. There are several subcompacts that have high loader capacity, but I honestly don't see enough beef or wheelbase in them to allow for proper ballast to make the loader capacity "usable" in a practical manner. You may need to hang something pretty big and heavy off the back end to reach that loader capacity safely on such a small tractor. That is not practical in many scenarios.

I agree, in fact the new Massey loader has ~30% more capacity than mine, but they didn't increase the load capacity of the front axle. My comment was more that I just didn't want to spend the money to upgrade, and then find out I didn't get a big of enough upgrade. My wife is open to this whole thing, but I think I only get to do one upgrade!