Buying Advice Massey, McCormick, or Kubota Utility Tractor?

/ Massey, McCormick, or Kubota Utility Tractor? #1  

BRSahoy

Tractor
New Holland TC55DA
I will be purchasing a new tractor very soon. The tractor will be used for hay, loader work, brush hogging, snow-blowing.....little bit of everything. I am interested in the Massey 4609, McCormick X4.50, and Kubota M8560. All of these are around the 90 HP, 70 PTO HP range. I have a New Holland and have had some trouble with it, so NH is out of the question. Don't think JD is worth the price. I would like a cab and loader on whatever tractor I purchase. Price is a consideration, but I am willing to pay a little bit more if quality justifies it. Any information with regard to the pros/cons of each would be appreciated. There are 3 good dealers for each in my area, so dealer service will not affect my decision. What would you folks purchase, given a choice of these three? Thanks.

/ Massey, McCormick, or Kubota Utility Tractor? #2  
I am partial to the Kubota's. I over work my little tractor and it does not bog down or have issues. Dealer is a good partner for advise and support.
My tractor is 12yrs old now and still has all original parts except some FEL hoses and one pivot seal.

/ Massey, McCormick, or Kubota Utility Tractor? #3  
I'm a Kubota guy, having had three now, with great service from each. Not in your league, but I would certainly give them your full consideration. I notice that the new ones in the larger series have optional loader quick attach hydraulic operators, and a lot of useful advanced features built in (which the others may or may not match?) so good luck in finding your next machine!

/ Massey, McCormick, or Kubota Utility Tractor? #4  
All are fine tractors.
Take test ride/spin have tractor fit your comfort needs also.
Ask other owners etc. about dealership service.

Go w/your gut feeling.

/ Massey, McCormick, or Kubota Utility Tractor? #5  
If you have a dealer nearby check the LS P7040CPS 97 HP

P7040CPS « LS Tractor USA

All tractors you mentioned are great tractors. Whatever suits your needs, fits you, and has the best control layout.
As mentioned, you are out of my league requiring a tractor with 90 or so HP.
Good luck in your search.

/ Massey, McCormick, or Kubota Utility Tractor?
Thanks for the replies fellows. McCormick was approx. $8,000 more than a MF, so McCormick is probably out of the question. Still waiting for a price on a Kubota.

/ Massey, McCormick, or Kubota Utility Tractor? #7  
If you have horses ask MF dealer about the Equine Saving program. If you have horses it will save you some $$$$.

/ Massey, McCormick, or Kubota Utility Tractor? #8  
I've owned Kubota, John Deere, and Massey Ferguson tractors. Never really had any issues with any of the Kubotas. John Deere was sold when the hydraulic pump went out at just over 500 hours. Cost about $3,000 to fix it. Simply put, the tractor was not cost effective to own. Currently have MF 5609. Great tractor and extremely affordable through the Equine Savings program.

In the 90 hp range, there is nothing out there that compares to the MF 5609. The transmission is wonderful. Being able to shift through gears and ranges on the fly with the push of a button is pretty darned nice. However, the only way we could consider a machine like the MF was because of the Equine Savings program. It knocked 32% off the price.

Honestly, any of those manufacturers make a good tractor. Which is pretty nice for us as consumers. Best advice is to demo the models you're interested in owning and decide from there.

/ Massey, McCormick, or Kubota Utility Tractor?
Well, I was able to sit in and test drive the Massey 4609. Seemed comfortable enough, but hard to tell with only 10 minutes of playing around. I was also able to sit in a 7060 Kubota(they didn't have a 8560 in stock). I was told the cabs are very close in size. The Kubota cab seemed comfortable enough as well. I'd really like to test drive the 8560 before making any decisions. Anyway, both dealers are dead even on price at a little under 47K with rebates. This includes cab, 84" loader, second rear remote, air ride seat, radio. I guess it might come down to flipping a coin.:) Thanks for the input - any further input would be appreciated.

/ Massey, McCormick, or Kubota Utility Tractor? #10  
Kioti DK90 is a good tractor for the money. I have one with 800hrs or so. The water pump was replaced on warranty at about 40hrs. There was a tiny wrinkle in the rubber seal which caused a very small leak. I'd say the pump was probably twisted and then re-aligned when it was installed. No other problems. It seems to run better and better all the time. I also looked at the Kubota 8540 and 9940??. They seem like puny little things next to the Kioti. And they were a lot more money. I didn't even consider them seriously based on their size and weight, not to mention prices. I round bale and do a little tillage with mine and I would not want to have any less weight than the Kioti with loaded rears.

I keep looking at the Kioti wondering what the heck is wrong with it and I keep coming up with nothing. It is a stout tractor I think. It is a standard shift transmission with not quite enough speed choices if you want to get picky. After two years of mostly haying and feeding, I am very happy. The Perkins engine is quite torquey, actually. Even when compared to a six-cylinder deutz of considerably more power.

The same tractor as the Kioti with a powershift-type of tranny would be hard to beat at almost any price.

I would go with the Massey. Or look at a Kubota in the ag-tractor sizes/models. Or if you have a chance check out the Kioti for the heck of it.