Buying Advice LS G3038 or XR3037

/ LS G3038 or XR3037 #1  

Firegator

Tractor
None
I'm looking at buying a LS G3038 SS or a LS XR3037 SS and can't decide if the XR is worth paying the difference. I have 13 acres that is mostly clear and have no real plans as to what I am going to do with it. I am getting a Woods 5 ft. bush hog with it and eventually see myself with a box blade, a scraper, and a backhoe (on down the line, limited budget). The rear hookups are my sticking point because I don't know if I'll need them for the backhoe. Any advice would be appreciated.

/ LS G3038 or XR3037 #2  
Welcome to TBN.....

I'm not sure about the G3038 but the XR3037 comes with 2 sets of rear remotes.
Also, if you get the XR3037 it is wider than the 3038. With R4's the rear tire width of the XR3037 is 66" (same as the bucket width) So a 6' bush hog would be wide enough to cover the tracks. 5' would be a little shy of track width. The 6' size would be for most attachments.
G3038 has the Mitsubishi tier 4 interim engine.
XR3037 has the Shibaura tier 4 final engine.
XR3037 loader has slightly higher weight capacity.
XR3037 is heavier than 3038.
I went with the 3037 with the deluxe cab with heat and A/C (mainly for heat in winter) but you won't need heat. A/C would be nice where you are but if you don't need a cab that's fine too.

/ LS G3038 or XR3037
I like the open station and really don't have the budget for a cab anyway. The big question that I have had about the XR3037 is the Shibaura engine. Don't really know anything about them. I have also been concerned about the Tier 4 exhaust system being a HP robber. I liked the look of the XR and the rear hookups. I also liked the weight difference. I am pretty much sold on the tractor brand because they offer more bang for the buck and they look stronger than others in their class. I've also read a lot of buyer reviews as well as publications and have been impressed in spite of the low hours on most of the posts I've read. Just want to make a wise decision on the size and equipment.

/ LS G3038 or XR3037 #4  
Tier 4 final vs. Tier 4 interim is a valid concern although I haven't heard any horror stories about the Shibaura Tier 4 final engines in the LS tractors.

But that aside, you should not be concerned about Shibaura engines in general. They've been around a long while and build a great engine. I don't know who all they have supplied engines to, but I know some of the New Holland tractors from several years ago were built by Shibaura with Shibaura engines and their reliability is supposedly legendary.

/ LS G3038 or XR3037 #5  
Both Shibaura and Mitsubishi have been installing their engines in all sorts of tractors and mowers for many years and are reliable engines. I have not noticed any loss in HP while the engine is in regen mode. Mine has regenerated many times while I was using it and I wouldn't have even known it was in regen unless I saw the lights on the dash.

/ LS G3038 or XR3037 #6  
I was looking at the G3038, XR3037, and XR4040. I ended up going with the 4040. The weight was important to me, the rear remotes were important to me, the draft control may be important to me in the future. I chose the 4040 over the 3037 so that I would have a naturally aspirated engine. I didn't want to deal with a turbo on something I'm planning to run for 20 or more years. The regen is no issue the only time I could see it being a pain is if you notice it coming on right when your done using the tractor. Then you've got to make the decision whether to shut down and regen next time or just let it idle to finish the regen.

/ LS G3038 or XR3037 #7  
Shibaura makes a good engine... So does Mitsu, and so does LS. The XR has more deluxe features, standard dual remotes, standard suspension seat, standard extendable 3pt ends and stabilizers, integrated loader joystick, better loader, etc.

The G is the NH WorkMaster 35, & the XR is the Boomer 35. You might have already known that, but if not, it gives you another research path.

Both of them will handle the work you describe. I'd opt for the XR only so you don't regret the deluxe features later, but then again if it's just a hobby tractor, you can save a couple grand with the G.

Regardless of which one you get, don't get a 5' brush-hog. Get the 6'.

/ LS G3038 or XR3037
Going with the XR3037, more weight and I don't want regrets later. Thanks for all the advice. Gives me a feeling of comfort knowing that this set up is so highly regarded.

/ LS G3038 or XR3037 #9  
Hi Firegator,
I am wondering if you had a chance to buy the XR3037 yet? I am interested in the same tractor after I was dreaming about the XU5065PST for a while. Too much tractor for me for now.
If so, would you mind to share what configuration and attachments did you get and what did you pay?
Thanks

/ LS G3038 or XR3037 #10  
Hi Firegator,
I am wondering if you had a chance to buy the XR3037 yet? I am interested in the same tractor after I was dreaming about the XU5065PST for a while. Too much tractor for me for now.
If so, would you mind to share what configuration and attachments did you get and what did you pay?
Thanks

Can't help with what Firegator did, but for a point of reference, a local dealer is advertising $21,250 for the XR3037H.

New LS XR3037 tractor loader