new Mahindra,new member

/ new Mahindra,new member #1  

slackgt

Tractor
Mahindra Max 28
Just got my Mahindra Max 28 last week,very happy with it so far,alot more refined than the '94 Kubota we have at work. Went to the dealer with the intention of getting a 3016,but the size of the Max seemed like it would be better for me,also the 3016 was $18,500 with just a FEL,the Max came with the FEL,and mmm for $ 18,000. Already picked up enough dirt/sod to know I'm going to need ballast in the back.

/ new Mahindra,new member #2  
Dirt work always is best done with all the ballast the tractor can handle. Congrats on the new ride and welcome to TBN!

/ new Mahindra,new member
yeah,the weight of the dirt was heavier than I thought,we just use the Kubota at work for loading salt into a dump truck or moving snow ,it has a little concrete ballast block we made years ago .

/ new Mahindra,new member #4  
So I bought a eMax25 and have had it about a month. So far I'm happy with one exception, I ordered it with the cab and I didn't realize how top heavy it makes it. I almost (or it felt like) I was going to roll it at one point. Scared the crap out of me. So i will probably remove it during nice weather. Also, on one occasion when it got warm the interior got really warm. I had to keep the doors open and I think you can imagine how careful I had to be to make sure I didnt hit anything. Other wise I am happy with it. If anyone has removed a cab before I'm looking for pointer on how to take it off. I'm sure its pretty heavy so I want to make sure I get it right. Thanks
Mike

/ new Mahindra,new member #5  
So I bought a eMax25 and have had it about a month. So far I'm happy with one exception, I ordered it with the cab and I didn't realize how top heavy it makes it. I almost (or it felt like) I was going to roll it at one point. Scared the crap out of me. So i will probably remove it during nice weather. Also, on one occasion when it got warm the interior got really warm. I had to keep the doors open and I think you can imagine how careful I had to be to make sure I didnt hit anything. Other wise I am happy with it. If anyone has removed a cab before I'm looking for pointer on how to take it off. I'm sure its pretty heavy so I want to make sure I get it right. Thanks
Mike

Can't help you with the cab issue. Never owned a cab tractor.

Are your tires loaded with fluid (antifreeze mix, Rimguard (aka beet juice))? That will help lower the tractor's center of gravity and make it less tippy.

Good luck.

/ new Mahindra,new member #6  
No worries. No I havent tried filling the tires yet. WOrking on a couple of other things like more weight in the rear.
Thanks. Mike