Mahindra 28 XL Hydro

/ Mahindra 28 XL Hydro #1  

SoxAndFloyd

Tractor
None Yet
Hi all.
Looking to buy my first tractor soon and I have a line on a 2014 left over but new Mahindra 28 XL with loader and backhoe from a dealer, 24K or $299 for 84 months of financing. I know about the tractor from what I've read on line...what I don't know is whether the price is good or not. Can anyone tell me if 24 for that machine equipped as is, is a good buy?

Thanks,

-R

/ Mahindra 28 XL Hydro #2  
$24K seems high to me.

/ Mahindra 28 XL Hydro #3  
I don't know anything about the pricing on them. But I just saw another poster mention that he paid $18,000 for one with a mid-mount mower, but without a backhoe. (Not sure if it was a 2014 or 2015.)

The mid-mount mower is typically a $1,500 - $2,000 add on for most small tractors. The backhoe is about $6,000 I think. So, I would think your price should be closer to $22,000 with the backhoe when you net out the cost of the MMM. But that's just based on that one poster's message.

Have you checked the asking prices on tractorhouse.com?

/ Mahindra 28 XL Hydro
OK let me clarify as I am now holding the quote as opposed to going off memory: 24K for 0% over 84 months or 22K at 2.99% for 84 months.

/ Mahindra 28 XL Hydro
thanks for the replies so far. tractorhouse.com doesn't actually display many prices so I'll have to call so I will tomorrow and see if the price is fair. I assumed the one I was looking at was a 2014 because the dealer said they're discontinued and he had just this one left. will find out tomorrow if I misunderstood and it's a 2015. He did say they took the 28 XL chassis and simply dropped the horsepower to 25 or 26 to meet new smog standards and are calling it a 26 XL...funny thing is...exact same chassis and loader and backhoe with a less powerful engine and it costs about $1500 more than the 28 XL.

-R

/ Mahindra 28 XL Hydro #6  
s&f I just bought the same tractor.. a tier 4 mahindra 26 which is the replacement machine for the 28 and i paid 25,200 for the same package plus loaded tires backhoe thumb and some service. I'm not sure where you're looking but I see you're from ct and if it's Dubay that is giving you that price i would suggest buying the tractor . Dale is a good guy and is giving you a fair price.

/ Mahindra 28 XL Hydro #7  
I think that is a solid price quote.

The Max 28 is VERY popular.

/ Mahindra 28 XL Hydro
Well, I just gave Dale at Dubay my information for financing so hope to close on a new 2015 28 XL this week with loader and backhoe. Wanted to add a snow blower but can't foot the extra 4K+ right now...likely look for something this summer...maybe used.