Price Check Kubota 2301 V's John Deere1023

/ Kubota 2301 V's John Deere1023 #1  

Ricksherryjosh

Tractor
John Deere 1025 or Kubota 2301
Hello all I'm a newbie to this forum looking for price advice on SCUT. I am from South Carolina

I was looking at the Kubota 2370 with 4ft box blade, 4' ruff cutter and FEL. and was pretty satisfied with the price at $13721 and after selling my wife on the idea of a sub compact tractor, I asked the salesman to add a front fork package I originally was quoted $600 + 200 for the quick change setup, but then was told that wouldn't work with the BX, I would have to get the Kubota brand for $1100 + 200 quick change kit. Adding the forks and including sells tax the price jumped to $17200. I was confused at the price. Well after leaving to take my wife to lunch she called the John Deere dealer and told me. They will sell you the same thing for less than 15k. So we drove over and spoke to the JD salesman who gave us a print out JD 1023e, d120 loader, rc2048 rotary cutter, bb2048L, AP12F forks for $15509 including sales tax. He told me to add $1200 if I wanted to go up to the 1025.

the confusing part is I was just searching the web and found a BX package for $16400 oat Steen tractor that includes a heavy duty trailer I don't need. I like both tractors and was sold on the Kubota just confused regarding the price.

I have a friend that told me being I am using it for farming a acre of land I might be able to fill out a ST-8F form for tax free exemption.

Thanks
Rick

/ Kubota 2301 V's John Deere1023 #2  
On Kubota's web site, you can build a 2370-1 for about $14500 after a 10% guesetamate discount.
That would be with R4 tires. FEL Quick attach with forks. You could look on TractorHouse for prices on rear blade and brush cutter.

If you like the Kubota better, you might take your deal from John Deere back to your Kubota dealer and see what he can do.
Good luck, and happy tractor shopping.:laughing:

/ Kubota 2301 V's John Deere1023 #3  
Did you point out the error in his math? When spending this kind of money its not an option to simply be confused! You have to be vocal and point out anything that is questionable immediately! I have seen many salesman make honest as well as dishonest mistakes when refiguring prices with different options like tractors with many choices for options. Simply stopping them and saying you messed up here usually gets them to pay more attention and not make more mistakes or pull fast changes to benefit themselves.

/ Kubota 2301 V's John Deere1023
Thank you guys I plan to do both of those things come Monday morning. I like both tractors if the Kubota Dealer can match the John Deere price it's hard to say for sure what I'll do. they both have pros and cons. I will make up my mind tonight.

Also is anyone familiar with the South Carolina ST-8F form for tax free exemption. I will be gardening one acre of land? I would love the discount but don't want be dishonest when asking for the exemption.

I love the forum so far and will keep you guys posted on what I do.

Thanks
Rick

/ Kubota 2301 V's John Deere1023 #5  
I am confused now.
Are you looking at a Kubota B2301 or a BX2370?
In your title you mention the B2301, but in the text of your post, you are talking about a BX2370.
Could you be more specific?

Well guys made the plunge, I got the Kubota BX2370, It was delivered today I am uploading the video from my first voyage on my first tractor. It had a few things I had to fix that the dealer didn't have setup right, But I love the tractor, I drove around in high gear for the first hour until I discovered low (I love low). I will post a link to my video once it's up. I put 5.1 hours in the seat today in the rain enjoyed it.

/ Kubota 2301 V's John Deere1023 #8  
I am also in Sc, what did you find out about the tax deduction ?

It's designed for farmers who grow and resell crops, we will be growing !/2 acre and eating it ourselves, I could have tried to get away with the exemption the salesman says a lot of people do, that would have been dishonest and makes it harder on the people that really need the exemption. hope it helps you.