Buying Advice Used Kubota or New Kioti

/ Buying Advice Used Kubota or New Kioti #1  

uponthriedge

Tractor
Kioti DS4510
Just bought 30 acres of land about half cleared and the other half is woods. Looking for a tractor to do mowing, dirt moving, firewood hauling, log pulling, etc. This is my first tractor. Grew up operating Farmall and Case Tractors tractors as a kid. Paid my way through college running John Deere Backhoes and IH Loaders during my college years. Haven't been on any heavy equipment for 30+ years.

Have looked at Green, Red, Orange Brands. Green dealer is close 5 miles, but they just don't have a reasonable priced/featured model in the 40-42 hp range. Orange Dealers are both about 40 miles away. Red Mahindra Dealer is 20 miles away. Looked at them on the net but haven't gotten any formal quotes. Mahindra doesn't have a great reputation in our area. Large Kubota Orange Dealer has a used 2013 L4240 GST with 700 hours on it for 20,500. Positive would be no Tier IV emissions to deal with but no warranty and I like the solid build of the Kubota Grand Series. Small Friendly Kioti Dealer is about 40 miles away in opposite direction. DK4510 base model is 22,900 positive is it all shiny and new and comes with 2 year full warranty and 4 year power train. Considered the Kubota Grand L4060 with Hydro Transmission but having a hard time justifying the extra $6,700

Would appreciate any thoughts or recommendations.

Spreadsheet of specs
Tractor Info.JPG

/ Buying Advice Used Kubota or New Kioti #2  
It's all about service !!! Both good units.

/ Buying Advice Used Kubota or New Kioti #3  
A Yanmar LX4500 would fit very nicely in your spreadsheet column, and you would have the tier 3 emissions and 5 year warranty you're looking for. One nice thing about the LX series is that they don't nickle and dime you for features like a quick attach bucket and telescoping links. Its all standard, and it has a throttle tied to the HST forward/back pedals you can toggle on/off for car-like driving.

Products - Yanmar Tractor

http://www.yanmartractor.com/content/resources/specsheets/LxHST_SpecSheet.pdf

Yanmar is able to produce tier3 engines models longer then other tractor makers due to EPA credits, but they won't last forever. At the very least this is one more CUT you can test drive before you buy. :)

/ Buying Advice Used Kubota or New Kioti #4  
My only ill-informed thoughts would be that the non-turbo used Kubota has a larger, likely less-stressed engine producing its power. Do they all come with SSQA buckets? as I think you will find that an often used, and appreciated, feature. My three used Kubotas, all purchased as used machine, one with 500 hrs, one with 1000 hrs, and now one with 500 hrs have all been trouble free machines, without exception.
Have fun!

/ Buying Advice Used Kubota or New Kioti #5  
I would go with the new Kioti, no doubt. From a specs standpoint it's as good, or better, in pretty much every category that really counts. It's a touch lighter, so you might want to get the rear tires loaded (avoid calcium chloride). The cool thing is that it has the rear 3pt control lever which really helps when hooking up attachments. Someone will surely come along shortly and claim that Kubota is far superior in every way (pretty sure only angel tears and $100 bills stick to Kubota paint), but Kioti builds a great tractor.

/ Buying Advice Used Kubota or New Kioti
I would go with the new Kioti, no doubt. From a specs standpoint it's as good, or better, in pretty much every category that really counts. It's a touch lighter, so you might want to get the rear tires loaded (avoid calcium chloride). The cool thing is that it has the rear 3pt control lever which really helps when hooking up attachments. Someone will surely come along shortly and claim that Kubota is far superior in every way (pretty sure only angel tears and $100 bills stick to Kubota paint), but Kioti builds a great tractor.

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate all the comments. I have been somewhat overwhelmed by all the choices and options. I don't mind paying a bit extra for a good value but just want to make sure the value is real vs marketing. Both tractors have the quick connect buckets. The Kioti has standard skid steer connection. Not sure about Kubota. The Kioti dealer said filled tires included in the price. I didn't ask if the used Kubota had filled tires. I heard that every Kubota goes out the door with filled tires so I assume they are filled. Not sure what they might be filled with. I am leaning towards the Kioti. I did like the rear 3pt control lever and of course the fact that they are assembled in my home state of NC. I had not heard of the Yanmar, just knew the name from the John Deere engines. Spec's look decent, I did find a dealer about 25 miles away. Emailed them for a price.

/ Buying Advice Used Kubota or New Kioti #7  
I'd say look at both, test drive them, and then decide. Both compelling options to me.

/ Buying Advice Used Kubota or New Kioti #8  
One thing you didn't mention is financing. It is often cheaper to spend a bit more and buy new, as you can get zero percent financing in many cases.

/ Buying Advice Used Kubota or New Kioti #9  
We own four Kubotas, but of those mentioned my inclination would be to to go with the Kioti.

/ Buying Advice Used Kubota or New Kioti #10  
My vote would be for the DK4510 but I would want it with the HYD shuttle which would probably cost a little more. Having a warranty with a 20,000 dollar purchase is big on my priority list as I have seen way too many disappointed folks who got the used machine and had problems. Might be worth a call top the dealer to see what the price difference would be for the DK4510 HS model rather than the base.