L4600 with 7' tiller

/ L4600 with 7' tiller #1  

bmg504570

Tractor
Kubota,Ford,Cat,Allis-Chamlers
I have Kubota L4600 and am very happy with it. I was considering a 7' King Kutter tiller, does this tractor have enough HP.PTO HP is 36.7. I have sandy soill with a lot of vegetation Thanks In Advance. Bruce:drink:

/ L4600 with 7' tiller #2  
I think that a 6 footer might be a better fit. My tractor is rated at 36.5 PTO, and if I was getting a tiller, I'd opt for a 6.

But, I'm on clay, and it can get pretty sticky. Sandy soil may be easier (I'm not sure).

/ L4600 with 7' tiller #3  
I would just cover my tire tracks. Unless maybe you are putting in a commercial crop. Is this homeowner? If so, the 5' or 6' passes get the area covered quicker than you think.

/ L4600 with 7' tiller #4  
I have Kubota L4600 and am very happy with it. I was considering a 7' King Kutter tiller, does this tractor have enough HP.PTO HP is 36.7. I have sandy soill with a lot of vegetation Thanks In Advance. Bruce:drink:

What's your soil? If it's topsoil/sandy loam/etc. the 6' will be fine. If you have to do any heavy soil, you'll find the 7' to be too large. (I had a 6' on a 33 PTO HP Kubota, and it's now on my 48 HP Kioti, I'll eventually upgrade to a 7')

/ L4600 with 7' tiller
Thank You for your replies. I have sandy soil, Watsonville, CA where they grow all the strawberries. I think I better stick with a 6' like you all recommend. The 7' is probably just to much. Thanks again. Bruce

/ L4600 with 7' tiller #6  
You can till a lot of ground with one of these things. A six footer will prep a couple of acres in a day under most normal conditions, more if the ground has been worked previously. The 6 foot size does a nice job of covering the tire tracks and matches well powerwise with a 35-50 hp tractor. If you need to till a lot more acreage than that in a production environment, you'll want a heavy duty tiller and a bigger tractor.

/ L4600 with 7' tiller #7  
Thank You for your replies. I have sandy soil, Watsonville, CA where they grow all the strawberries. I think I better stick with a 6' like you all recommend. The 7' is probably just to much. Thanks again. Bruce

I think you made the better choice...

SR

/ L4600 with 7' tiller
Just wanted to let everyone know the 6' King Kutter Tiller has worked out GREAT! Thank You all for your input. FYI both gear boxes were filled with gear oil. Everyone, even the dealer said the gear boxes would be shipped empty. Glad I checked them first. Now for box scraper either Gearmore or King Kutter 6' or 7'? It will be mounted on a Kubuto L4600 HST. Thanks in advance for your replies

/ L4600 with 7' tiller #9  
A 6 foot machine would be the best choice in my mind, as it also makes it easier to get into tighter spots. If you have a large area to till, the difference between the 6 and seven foot may end up with you having to make up perhaps one or two extra "passes" to compensate for the difference in size, as well the tractor would probably utilize that size better if you were to get into some tougher conditions. We used to run a six foot Howard roto-vator behind a 4020 JD. and there were times breaking prairie that it would make that tractor snort..... but then again, also ran that same tiller behind a David Brown 995 ( 60 or so HP) and it worked well especially for doing local gardens for the neighbours but being six foot I could get into some tight places. Just my opinion.

Cheers

Roger

/ L4600 with 7' tiller
A 6 foot machine would be the best choice in my mind, as it also makes it easier to get into tighter spots. If you have a large area to till, the difference between the 6 and seven foot may end up with you having to make up perhaps one or two extra "passes" to compensate for the difference in size, as well the tractor would probably utilize that size better if you were to get into some tougher conditions. We used to run a six foot Howard roto-vator behind a 4020 JD. and there were times breaking prairie that it would make that tractor snort..... but then again, also ran that same tiller behind a David Brown 995 ( 60 or so HP) and it worked well especially for doing local gardens for the neighbours but being six foot I could get into some tight places. Just my opinion.

Cheers

Roger
Thanks Roger, I was asking about a box scraper either a 6' or 7'.