Out of state guys that have bought from Barlows?

/ Out of state guys that have bought from Barlows? #21  
Kiwi, I am hoping this thread can get back to the point. No need to cloud the issue further. Meaning no disrespect, don't want an international incident with a good Commonwealth allay. I suppose you are NOT a Barlows customer. Joking a bit to get back on track....

Really want to hear from Barlow buyers. What was the process and experience.

Thanks!

Bill
Fair enough. Have you done a search for Barlows on this forum? Might show up a few instances of people you could PM for their experiences. I seriously considered buying a tractor from a USA dealer many moons ago but decided I better buy local in case anything went wrong. It did, terribly, with the refund coming one day before I lodged court papers. Ironically, it was that USA dealer that actually helped, behind the scenes, to put it right. Now THAT is the sort of dealer we need more of, wherever we are.

But I'm off topic. Good luck in your endeavour.

/ Out of state guys that have bought from Barlows? #22  
Kiwi, I am hoping this thread can get back to the point. No need to cloud the issue further. Meaning no disrespect, don't want an international incident with a good Commonwealth allay. I suppose you are NOT a Barlows customer. Joking a bit to get back on track....

Really want to hear from Barlow buyers. What was the process and experience.

Thanks!

Bill

I bought my Kubota from Barlows but I'm afraid if I say the wrong thing I'll get yelled at.

Your attitude about who can post on YOUR thread kind of turns me off. Sorry

Jeff

/ Out of state guys that have bought from Barlows? #23  
Maybe it's time for a reset?

Buying a tractor is a huge purchases for many of us, plus venturing into something new has it's own problems... how much tractor, which brand, what's it going to cost etc...

I've been buying my Kubota parts from Neil at Messicks... it's convenient and saves me a couple hours of driving and I still have to call ahead to see if my closest Dealer has what I need in stock.

Talked to Barlow's last year on a L3800... was a little too late as the model had changed with the new emission requirements... Barlows was great to talk to, answered my questions and appreciated the opportunity to make a sale... at least this is my impression...

My first visit to TBN was to research buying my first tractor and I have learned much here...

/ Out of state guys that have bought from Barlows?
For those that think I have an attitude I don't get it. I asked a question here hoping for replys from guys who bought from Barlows that could just tell me the steps in the process of buying. That is simply an honest question.

What I got was Axle criticism of me telling me or judging the kind of person I am. He does not know me nor I him. I kept asking to stay on topic and the topic was not picking me apart for how I should have handled the local dealer. I did not ask for that. I invite anyone with information to freely share it. I am all ears.

My reaction to a keyboard cowboy on the internet judging me is no reflection of how I feel about all the positive contributors. Jeff, would be glad to hear what your process was. Did they send you a contract? That is one answer I don't get. One fellow said they sent his tractor with no money down. He was happy with the tractor but made me wonder if they had a written agreement. That is the root of my concern.

This really was intended to be helpful to me and hopefully a historical record a new purchaser could search and learn from.
Bill

/ Out of state guys that have bought from Barlows? #25  
When I bought my Massey out of state, the dealer first explained the terms of the deal (after all pricing was negotiated), requested financial proof documents (for the financing company) which I faxed, once approved he wrote up the financing contract (thru AGCO in my case), faxed it to me, I looked it over, signed, and faxed it back... Once that was done, the dealer faxed back the signed papers and my copies of the transaction. The official financing contract was sent in the mail from AGCO, which came a few weeks later.

But by then, I had already made the drive and picked up my tractor.

Mine was also "zero down."

I would assume that your deal with Barlow's would be similar.

/ Out of state guys that have bought from Barlows? #26  
I have two comments.

If you want to know what the purchasing process is at Barlow's, call Steve Barlow and ask.

If someone treats me right, I have no problem mentioning them by name, so it's only fair that if someone treats me wrong, I mention their name as well. Sharing my experience on the inter webs is just an extension of the old fashioned "word of mouth".

/ Out of state guys that have bought from Barlows? #27  
If you have questions about buying from Barlows you can PM me.

I checked around here and the dealers would just quote me list price or just too busy to even talk to me. Personally I wouldn't buy from anyone who is not willing to take the time to talk with me or one that sounds like the one you were dealing with. If you ever did need service would you trust them to do the work and treat you with respect or would they try to blame you? I did find a very low hour used (lease return) Kubota that was the same model but higher HP that was listed for a good price. When I called them to inquire they just blew me off for a week and then said someone put a deposit on it that morning. They offered to quote me a new tractor so I gave them the list of what I wanted and they came back at about 5% over list price. A few days later I got a call saying they made a mistake on the price and were sending me a new quote. That new quote was even higher.

The way I see it is that if you don't buy from a specific dealer but that dealer is close and you use them for parts, service, or advice, it's their chance to show you why you should buy your next tractor from them (or in the case of that dealer you contacted why you should avoid them). If local dealers can sell for list price then they don't need to worry about someone buying from Barlows and saving 15% off of list. If they charge list price and offer you extras like free services and other items then I would take that into an account. If that's not the case then maybe they need to readjust their prices. I like to give local companies my business when I can but I work for a living too. $2500 would be equal to working 2 1/2 weeks if you make $25/hr and that's not taking into account any taxes that get taken out of your pay. In that case you are loosing over 100 hours of your life on this planet to support a local dealer.

I hope it would flow as TSO's deal did. That is what I hope for. Locks all parties in.

Fiz, I called Barlow's and was told it was best to email Brady.

Crazy, PM coming and thanks!

Bill

Well I by chance stopped in and looked at LS. Met a great dealer 25 miles from me. His first price was inline with what guys got here so I'm good. He was easy to deal with. Free delivery and said he said when we get it to your place we will play with it, hook up all your existing attachments to make sure your good. Then when you want me to go just give me the boot. Ha, what a good guy and so different from the first dealer.

Thanks guys,
Bill

/ Out of state guys that have bought from Barlows? #30  
As a child I used to listen to Paul Harvey on the radio. He specialized in telling both sides of the story rather than just the obvious one side. And he used to end his commentaries with . . . "and now you've heard the rest of the story".

This thread reads quickly but the storyline was predictable.