Help Messick's test our new website

/ Help Messick's test our new website #1  

MessickFarmEqu

I've been working on a total redesign of our website since November. I'm nearing the end and am almost ready to put it in production. Before we make it live, I'm soliciting feedback on the new layout. One challenge for a web developer is that things always look and work great locally, but can work differently in the hands of others. A few notes...

DO
  • Remember this is debug code, and not a production server.
  • Pop around to multiple vendors. Kubota for instance has a totally different parts system than everyone else
  • Used equipment has a new layout with a different look
  • Try it on multiple devices. This is now cell phone\tablet\etc compatible

DON'T
  • Place an order. The order handling stuff is not done.
  • Share the URL beyond here. Its temporary.
  • The 'New Equipment' section needs a lot of work. Its just filled with test data at this point.
  • Major vendors are pretty well done, there is some navigation work to do with shortlines (landpride, woods, alamo, etc)

Object moved
post feedback here, or email me at neilm at messicks dot com. Any feedback you can is invaluable to us at this stage of the process.

/ Help Messick's test our new website #2  
Looks good. Easy to navigate. Might want to add a section for customer feedback/testimonials?

/ Help Messick's test our new website #3  
The "recent trades" navigation buttons work "backward" from what I'm used to.
Click the right button to look at the ones to the right. It moves the banner to the right.
Not sure if one is right or wrong, but it's different..........

/ Help Messick's test our new website #4  
Looks well done. Smart idea having a beta site to get feedback before switching over. The parts diagram open up larger than the old site without having to maximize the screen, that's nice. I did notice that under the Online Parts tab the New Holland icon was not at the top left like the old site, it's third on the right. Doing things alphabetically may be politically correct but it still ain't right. :)

What I don't like is the way to view photos of used equipment. The links to the individual equipment pages will open in a new tab if I use the third button but photos will not. They will only open in the current tab even when using the third mouse button. They close if you move the scroll button which was somewhat irritating. I would rather have a close button so I don't accidently close them. I had some that did not close, I had to use the back button.

Unless you mouse over the left or right margins you don't see the navigation instructions to scroll thru the photos, perhaps arrows on each side or instructions at the bottom would help. Took me a while to find that. A zoom function using the scroll button would be nice as well. Then you would definitely need a close button or an X button.

/ Help Messick's test our new website #5  
might run a spell check on the site...example....

Miller Pro Merger
Miller Avalanche Mergers can move hay in multiple directions, even against a windrow. Quickly move up to 30ft of materian in a single pass.

oops...
here Kubota Parts | Full Service online retailer I entered my model... Kubota L5030 HSTC...FREQUENTLY USED ITEMS...then clicked SEARCH under Kubota Quick Reference.

and got here...
New Holland parts

NOPE...not looking for NEWHOLLAND parts...

oops..
here https://webdev.messicks.com/vendor/kubota

I entered...... grand L 5030 hstc

and got this.... No results! (I also used L 5030 hstc and got the same result)

I don't know how long this chain is, or its rating, but at one dollar, I'll take it!!!
https://webdev.messicks.com/part/pcc8607x/ag-safety-chains

A really big question I have, and it doesn't seem to be easily found/answered, is info regarding your shipping policy/prices. Is shipping free over a certain total cost...is shipping of tractor/heavy stuff...restricted to a certain distance....what about state taxes....I'd recommend a US map with distance/information on it regarding shipping locations/distances/costs/ etc.....

still in progress...
https://webdev.messicks.com/new

Last edited:
   / Help Messick's test our new website
   / Help Messick's test our new website #7  
I really like your company for buying parts for my Landpride mowers. I have a 7 ft finish mower and a 6 ft rotary cutter. Your prices are good and everything I've ordered comes quickly. Packing is always a mess, but you use lots of tape and I don't think anything has ever fallen out of the tore up boxes. Probably more how UPS handles them then anything else, so no big deal.

I don't care for your website. The new version seems a lot like the old version. Hard to find what I'm looking for and then figure out the right part number to order. I've gone as far as giving up and going to other sites, but then coming back to your site after seeing that they are more expensive, or it's just as hard to find what I'm looking for.

Eddie

/ Help Messick's test our new website #8  
do you sell attachments, such as quick attach pallet forks??

I looked and couldn't find any attachments.

/ Help Messick's test our new website
I don't care for your website. The new version seems a lot like the old version. Hard to find what I'm looking for and then figure out the right part number to order. I've gone as far as giving up and going to other sites, but then coming back to your site after seeing that they are more expensive, or it's just as hard to find what I'm looking for.

Can you detail a bit more where you get hung up? One issue we have with most brands is that you need an accurate model number to find the right section of the catalog. We are working at cataloging frequently used items for some models, but we're not though to Landpride yet.

/ Help Messick's test our new website #10  
On the diagrams, do you like the old format or the new one?

https://webdev.messicks.com/nh/59988

https://www.messicks.com/nh/59988.aspx

big difference being to me that the new one require more scrolling

I like the new one better. Since I am not browsing not having the picklist on the left side is not a big deal. I am going straight to the screen I need which pops up at the bottom. One thing I noticed if I search for a NH TC40DA and select my open station model it sends me to a list of all the TC models where I have to click "Want to see parts diagram? Click here." For my Boomer 8N it sends me straight to the parts list with a popup for frequent parts. I like that better which it how the current site functions.