Buying Advice CAT Challenger MT295B potential buy

/ CAT Challenger MT295B potential buy #1  

Tractor
Kubota M7040
New poster here. I've been reading a lot on this site and it's a really valuable resource. I appreciate those who are making it happen.

I have a chance to buy a Cat Challenger MT295B. It's 4wd but without FEL. Has hardtop on top of ROPS. Has extra hydraulics on rear. Looks to be in decent enough shape, stored under open sided pole barn. Stated to run and work good. Downside, it has nearly 1600 hours. Upside is I probably can get it for about $6500.

Have not seen it in person yet...Any problem areas I should be on the lookout for if I go to inspect it?

I realize parts could be an issue, but some basic research tells me some may be cross-referenced to comparable Massey Ferguson or AGCO models. Is this true and is it a viable option for parts?

Opinions are welcome and appreciated...

thanks,
Dave

/ CAT Challenger MT295B potential buy #2  
That looks like a 1500 or 1600 MF. That Iseki is in my feeble opinion the BEST small engine for compact tractors. I've seen two MF1500's with over 10,000 hours. Golf course work.

/ CAT Challenger MT295B potential buy #3  
Yes, the equivalent Massey would be the 1552, and the AGCO model, I believe, is the ST52a. Very good tractors. Iseki builds the whole thing. There would also be an equivalent Iseki model in Australian or Japanese markets.

For that price I wouldn't hesitate. That has the 3.0L engine, nice torque curve.

What would you use the tractor for? Which transmission does it have?

/ CAT Challenger MT295B potential buy
TSO and Skyfish25,
thanks for the advice. It is has the shuttle trans. I would be using it for brush hogging, disking a couple food plots and keeping a dirt/mud road in shape with a boxblade.
Dave

/ CAT Challenger MT295B potential buy #5  
I'd say go for it. Look for a Massey 1530 loader. I believe there's one on tractorhouse for around $2500. That's the loader model that fit that tractor. Along with the ML40 (Challenger Yellow) and there was an AGCO Orange one out there too ... can't remember the model number off hand. But, same loader, same mount, etc.

$6500 is a great price. And considering you can add that loader from different sources, makes it even better.

/ CAT Challenger MT295B potential buy #6  
I know nothing about Challenger but...

If I bought that tractor in decent shape with only 1600 hrs, potentially with a loader added for $2500, and could feel good about getting parts for it, all for about $9000, I would think I did pretty good.