Kioti CK2510 or CK30 or Yanmar EX3200?

/ Kioti CK2510 or CK30 or Yanmar EX3200? #1  

onelostdogg

Silver Member
Tractor
EX3200
Hi all,

Shopping for my first tractor. I have zero experience and am still trying to learn all the basics so that I am happy with my decision. I will be using it mostly for moving mulch, topsoil, sand and firewood in addition to plowing and maintaining our 900' steeply sloped gravel driveway. Eventually I would like to buy a grapple for moving large rocks and for brush and downed tree removal on our 8 acres of woods on the north side of a ridge. No mowing as that is done with a lawn tractor.
Today I went to our local Kioti dealer, who has a very good reputation in the area. He is about 15 miles away. We also have a Yanmar dealer about 5 miles away.

The Kioti guy gave me two quotes: CK2510 Hydro with loader and 50"bucket, rear remotes ran to the front and SSQA 17,100 out the door. The other quote is CK30 Hydro set up exactly the same way except 60" bucket for 20,400 out the door.

I am looking at the specs for both and the CK25 will meet my needs very well. Loader specs on the 30 seem to be only maybe 10% higher in most numbers I think.

So my question is Is the larger heavier frame and a little bit more capacity worth the extra $3,000 when the CK25 would most likely be enough tractor for my needs?

Please give me all the opinions you care to. What things am I not considering that I should be?

The extra 3K would not be a strain but don't really want to spend more than I need to. More $$$ left for attachments.

Thanks in advance everyone for your help.

Edit: Completely forgot quote on Yanmar EX3200. Same setup for 23,200. But on paper the numbers don't look as good (?)

John

/ Kioti CK2510 or CK30 or Yanmar EX3200? #2  
The 3 range tranny, hydraulic flow, and weight are what set the CK30 apart. If dirt work is job one, these matter a lot.

/ Kioti CK2510 or CK30 or Yanmar EX3200? #3  
The 3 range tranny, hydraulic flow, and weight are what set the CK30 apart. If dirt work is job one, these matter a lot.

I agree. You don't have to use all the capability of a larger, more powerful tractor, but it's nice to have it if you need it. It sucks to need it and not have it.

Many people here on TBN will tell you that tractors shrink when you get them home. It's always best to buy a little larger tractor than you think you need.

/ Kioti CK2510 or CK30 or Yanmar EX3200?
Thanks all for your advice. I feel a little silly but you all make it sound like a no-brainer. I have been reading and learning on this site for almost a year and can't tell you how much you all have helped me. Heading to dealer Friday for a shiny new 30! Can't wait to get her nice and dirty! :)

/ Kioti CK2510 or CK30 or Yanmar EX3200? #5  
It's good when you get nearly complete agreement in the answers....

/ Kioti CK2510 or CK30 or Yanmar EX3200? #6  
Thanks all for your advice. I feel a little silly but you all make it sound like a no-brainer. I have been reading and learning on this site for almost a year and can't tell you how much you all have helped me. Heading to dealer Friday for a shiny new 30! Can't wait to get her nice and dirty! :)

Congratulations on the CK30. That's a nice tractor and should serve you well for a long time.

When you get it, pics are required to keep your status as a member of TBN in good standing. ;)

Well the saga continues:

Last night I got a call from the Yanmar dealer. His latest offer is now below the price I was quoted for the CK30. So I went to Kioti as I was planning to do anyway and he will not budge on his price. He said a CK30/EX3200 is not an apples to apples comparison...that the 3200 would more closely compare to the CK2510. I dont think so. Am I wrong? Any opinions on what you all would do between 30/3200 with same equipment Yanmar being $400 less and reputable dealer 5 miles away vs. Kioti 20 miles away???

John

/ Kioti CK2510 or CK30 or Yanmar EX3200? #8  
Is the Yanmar an aluminum rear end housing like the Deere?

/ Kioti CK2510 or CK30 or Yanmar EX3200? #9  
Well the saga continues:

Last night I got a call from the Yanmar dealer. His latest offer is now below the price I was quoted for the CK30. So I went to Kioti as I was planning to do anyway and he will not budge on his price. He said a CK30/EX3200 is not an apples to apples comparison...that the 3200 would more closely compare to the CK2510. I dont think so. Am I wrong? Any opinions on what you all would do between 30/3200 with same equipment Yanmar being $400 less and reputable dealer 5 miles away vs. Kioti 20 miles away???

John

Relatively comparable. Yanmar will have a touch more PTO HP. But the Kioti loader will be much better. The Yanmar loader lifts 911 lbs to 79", the Kioti loader lifts 1155 to 92.5"

Relatively comparable. Yanmar will have a touch more PTO HP. But the Kioti loader will be much better. The Yanmar loader lifts 911 lbs to 79", the Kioti loader lifts 1155 to 92.5"

Thanks TSO. Another question. I mentioned that to the Yanmar guy and he said those specs are stated by the individual manufacturers and that he never sells a tractor without "tweaking the hydraulics" so the loader will lift 2000lbs. He swears this won't blow the pump or any hoses and will in no way damage the machine. Does that sound right to you? And if it IS right then why wouldn't Yanmar state higher specs for that tractor if it really is capable of it?