New to this help with tractor picking

/ New to this help with tractor picking #1  

muzbomb

Silver Member
Tractor
2016 Kioti 2610HST
Hey guys new to the forum from Canada and really love is so far great info and seem to be great people!!! So I have been looking at a 2014 Mahindra 3616 HST open ROPS brand new and a 2010 McCormick CT28 HST Tractor with 298hrs. Both come with loader and back blade. I have a 3ac property I would use it for mostly clearing snow and some dirt/gravel work. The Mahindra is 20,000 CA and the McCormick is 15,500CA these are out the door all in prices. So what you guys think. I really have never heard of both of these brand tractors before. Have done lots of research and the Mahindra has more of my vote so far. Thanks guys for the info and help

/ New to this help with tractor picking #2  
   / New to this help with tractor picking
Great thank you very much. I have compared them both already and I am leaning toward the Marhindra but was just looking for some feed back with others as this is my first tractor that I am buying ever. I have been around lots john deere, old david brown as grandpa on the farms owns.

/ New to this help with tractor picking #4  
These are quite different tractors so it really depends on what you want. The Mahindra has 50% more power than the McCormick. It also has larger tires and probably more ground clearance. Not sure what part of Alberta you are in but for snow the ground clearance may be real handy.

Assuming they are in good condition both tractors should be solid, so I think it really comes down to what size do you want. I tend to go to the bigger machine but if you are just clearing a short driveway the McComick will do just fine and is on 75% of the money. From your stated uses the power is not that big of deal you just may be able to do things a little faster with Mahindra. I noticed the tractor weights are about the same. For dirt moving weight and traction is the biggest issue and they are very similar there.