CaseIH JX1100U?

/ CaseIH JX1100U? #1  

Foxtrot08

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2305
Hello,

I'm looking at possibly purchasing a 2008 CaseIH JX1100U from a older neighbor. It has about 100-150 hours on it and has lived inside its entire life.

I currently have a NH TN60, NH 2420 and an IH806 with a turbo as my plowing tractor. I'd like to replace the IH 806 with this.

Unfortunately I can't find a lot of info on this tractor. Would it pull a 5 shank glenco disc chisel? And a 15 foot transport disk?

Do they have any issues?

Also would 35000-40000 be a good price for it with a loader, cab and 4wd?

Thanks,

/ CaseIH JX1100U? #2  
I looked quickly in tractor data and found that it is claimed at 85 hp and tested at 87 and weighs between 6,834 and 10,870 lbs. if it were me comparing the two tractors I would start a spreadsheet and use tractor data to get some "paper" numbers to see how close they stack up. Better yet, would the neighbor let you hook it up to your equipment and give it a test run? I'm not much help on real life performance or value since I have no experience with this model.

/ CaseIH JX1100U? #3  
I agree that trying it out with your implements is the safest way to know how it compares. A new 806 will have more drawbar hp. but an older engine and tires... who knows. The price seems reasonable imo but I haven't researched the values of these Case IH tractors.

/ CaseIH JX1100U? #4  
I would go talk to the guys in the parts department at Case about it. Also find the guy in charge of the repair shop. In my experience, they have been very open and upfront about the different models of Case equipment and what to look out for or avoid. Every brand has it's lemons, usually you just have to ask if that's one or not. Do it face to face, go in there with a smile seeking their help. It works every time for me :)

Eddie