Need advice... Railroad mowing tractor!

/ Need advice... Railroad mowing tractor! #11  
Sounds like a real equipment beater to me. A lot depends on the area and how well graded and groomed the ROW is. Wet areas, rocks, etc. would ruin your friends day.

Are there utility poles to mow around? Used to always be utility lines running along the RR, not so much anymore I think.

/ Need advice... Railroad mowing tractor! #12  
Are these live tracks or old abandoned tracks? Just curious.

/ Need advice... Railroad mowing tractor! #13  
How bout a good sprayer and a large amount of RoundUp?
:shocked:

/ Need advice... Railroad mowing tractor! #14  
County where my farm is uses a 60,000 dollar set -up for their ditch bank mower. Soil and water conservation uses it. All tax dollars on your real estate taxes. They just sold a Cat 320 excavator used for 65,000. This is the type money you are talking.

/ Need advice... Railroad mowing tractor! #15  
County where my farm is uses a 60,000 dollar set -up for their ditch bank mower. Soil and water conservation uses it. All tax dollars on your real estate taxes. They just sold a Cat 320 excavator used for 65,000. This is the type money you are talking.

Plus insurance almost the same as his tractor budget per year.

/ Need advice... Railroad mowing tractor! #16  
I agree, 10,000 isn't going to get much of anything that he really needs.

/ Need advice... Railroad mowing tractor!

This is for hobby use... Not professional.

/ Need advice... Railroad mowing tractor! #18  
Expensive hobby. About the only thing I can think of in a $10k budget that will be safe would be an army of weedwackers.

I've seen some mowers on a backhoe or boom. Something that could be angled as need be. I don't see the need for a FEL, but it you had a bachhoe that would already be there.
They are called Boom Mowers and they resemble a backhoe but are made quite different; and a small one like a BushHog RMB1445 is going to be more than the budget allows. They cost about $14k new. and you still need a 5000# tractor with about 40HP to run it.

/ Need advice... Railroad mowing tractor!
Guys I need to reign you in some. Lol!! I'm not talking about an exotic mowing tractor with boom pole and rail road wheels.

I'm seeking any advice on tractors similar to the one I have posted a pic of. This tractor with abush hog would be real nice.

image-2270146952.jpg