Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: John Deere Home & Garden = Home Depot?

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> What are they going to do, ring it up as a return and give you another one off the shelf? </font> )</font>

My dealer said they will do the warranty work on the JD lawn mowers sold through Home Depot.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD2210

I talked to my salesman about this topic. He said he was glad H.D. started selling them. He said it opened up a whole new market and has kept him busier than ever.
    If people see those in HD for less $, they think, lets go to the dealer and see what else they have. That was his perspective and he seems to be awfully busy.
    By, the way, I have a JD335, same as 355, except with a 20hp gas engine instead of the diesel. It is a very nice garden tractor. Very comfortable. I like my 2210 better, but, no sense over spending your budget. That is important.

I bought my JD Lawn mower (L130 Lawn Tractor) last summer at my JD dealer and it stickers the same as the L130 at Home Depot.My dealer said basically the same thing as your salesman.

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 325,Gt225,, 110, XUV550S4, Kubota L275

It's kinda like buying a Yard Machines fromWal-Mart and then bringing it back for service. Good thing you can buy MTD parts on their web site.... ( I own several MTD products by the way...) [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 325,Gt225,, 110, XUV550S4, Kubota L275

How do you like your 130? I am looking at them and can't see any real difference between the 100 series and the LT series except for a little thicker fram and a few hundred $$$ [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Iseki TU1700f

"John Deere lets them sell... "

I heard it the other way...
    That JD asked HD to carry their line. JD wanted more exposure.
    That's what my local HD says, anyway.

For strictly mowing I like my mower very well.

Tractor
    Kubota B7100DT

Sorry I wasnt clear in my previous statement about diesel over $5,000 - what I was referring to really was CUT functionality..... if I were going to spend over $5,000 - I would want a full 3pt hitch and the higher hydraulic limits that machines like the BX and JD 2210 offer. I happen to like big gas garden tractors a lot, and would really be tempted by the new Cub line that offers gas/4wd - but the price is so much higher than the BX that it would seem silly.

Perhaps if you absolutely didnt need the bigger FEL or 3 pth the X series would offer better handling around trees etc. Cannot argue that it is an impressive machine.

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

right again: i think they put them in the HD stores to cater to the casual buyer, some guy walking though that needs a lawnmower and sees the JD lable and color, he can relate to that! more than likely 90% of the JD'S sold there the buyer would never think of going to a tractor dealer to look for a lawnmower. THAT IS THE WAY I SEE IT. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    1998 JD 770 & 2004 Toro LX417

DAP was right about the auto industry.

Packard came out with the poorman's Model 120 designed to compete with Oldsmobile type vehicles prior to WW II and although it saved the company during the prewar years, it so badly cheapened the name that they could not compete with the big 3 after the war in either R &amp; D money or prestiege. That could happen to any tractor manufacturer. JD makes great tractors from their LT on up. Let's hope their name is not cheapened too badly.

Joe

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast