John Deere Home & Garden = Home Depot?

/ John Deere Home & Garden = Home Depot? #51  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> I think with Home Depot, its more of a logistics issue </font> )</font>

I agree,its not like a dealership with a fuel tank outback.

/ John Deere Home & Garden = Home Depot? #52  
Hmmm, filled fuel tanks. That reminds me of a story.

I bought my pickup from a dealer just out of town who shall remain nameless. Struck a deal and at some point the salesman casually mentioned that they would fill it up with fuel. "Great!" I said, thinking "how thoughtful". When the truck was delivered around front I was happy and thanked the guy again for the tank of fuel. "No problem" he said. Later that evening I found out why it wasn't a problem. Buried in the lengthy paperwork I'd signed was a line of text that read something like "fill up: 26 gallons at $x.xx". Well not only had they charged me for the fuel, but the cost was a good 30 cents over current retail! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Well, that was just a sign of things to come, including $9 per quart (per quart!) synthetic oil "It will be a slight upcharge, sir" /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

My next vehicle was bought at another dealership, where there was no additional "paperwork" charge, and the full tank of fuel was not added on. Oh, and the first oil change was free. Guess where I'm buying my next vehicle.

Oh, and back on topic. My 2910 was delivered sparkling clean with a full tank of diesel, no extra charge. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ John Deere Home & Garden = Home Depot? #53  
Late last year I posted a question about the Husqvarna mowers. I got a lot of good answers about various makes and models . I decided to hold off until spring . One thing is now certain though .. when I do buy , it'll be from a tractor ,or lawn and garden dealer . They sell and sevice machinery that they are familiar with . Not light bulbs , carpet ,toilet plungers ,and ...... etc . I think in the long run service will win out over the money "saved " initially . JMHO, John

/ John Deere Home & Garden = Home Depot? #54  
All of my tractors have been delivered full of fuel. Also anytime they are taken in for service they are brought back washed and with a full tank of fuel.

/ John Deere Home & Garden = Home Depot? #55  
Cowboydoc,

Are they all washed real nice like with a brush and soap or just rinsed off quick. Thanks. I just want to know what other Deere dealers do.

/ John Deere Home & Garden = Home Depot? #56  
fuel --I bought a used 2210 for a jd dealer it was close to empty filled it up with diesel and trany fluid it was a gallon low did not know what to expect next same dealer now its a 2305 and the fuel guage is just above empty now that I think about it it was cheap on his part. I will never walk in to that place agine.( reason for trading for 2305 was because the rear pto was busted after crying and some legal action and calling jd company we got the 2305) and they new it was broken. dont trust them because they are dealer they will get youif they can I not saying jd is bad its the sales that ruins it so they get there hands on that commision ck.

/ John Deere Home & Garden = Home Depot? #57  
fuel --I bought a used 2210 for a jd dealer it was close to empty filled it up with diesel and trany fluid it was a gallon low did not know what to expect next same dealer now its a 2305 and the fuel guage is just above empty now that I think about it it was cheap on his part. I will never walk in to that place agine.( reason for trading for 2305 was because the rear pto was busted after crying and some legal action and calling jd company we got the 2305) and they new it was broken. dont trust them because they are dealer they will get youif they can I not saying jd is bad its the sales that ruins it so they get there hands on that commision ck.

did you mean to bump a 7 yr old post???