Garden/Compact Tractor Recommendations Please

/ Garden/Compact Tractor Recommendations Please #31  
That's a LOT of hours for the timeframe. Not if one averages it out from say 2001, but it's not a little use tractor. I'd check belts, hoses for glazed look or cracking, and any apparent leaks.

If 80 hours/year is average residential use, do the arithmetic over 14-15 years, that works out to around 171 hours over 14 years. 80 hours twice is 160 and 171 is even more than double the average res. use. It may not be a problem, IF you carefully look and factor in the other wear and tear on the unit over that time. If no maintenance records AND high useage, those points are good for negotiating the price down.

Check the tire tread wear, squeals or squeaks on starting up and or shutdown. Check radiator fluid for color, oil for color/level, and trans diff for level, color smell. Check joints pivot points for fresh grease or lack of grease. Drive it through all gears, lift some load with the FEL. Check for any bent FEL pieces or serious dings, bends cracks in welded junctions. See what the owner's land looks like and access what he uses the tractor for primarily.
Whip out cash and close the deal. Report results. Good luck.

Hey Murph, did you build that soft cab yourself? Does it have heat? How old is that V? It looks brand new?!

That cab is a Golf cart rain shield. I reverse the trans cooling fan for heat. I have had this going on 3 cutting seasons. I have 4 attachments for it.

/ Garden/Compact Tractor Recommendations Please
Just an update. I did not purchase any of the tractors I linked to previously, but I just put a deposit on a 2008 BX1850. It has 600 hours, comes with a 54" deck and a loader, and I'm buying it from the dealer where it was purchased/serviced. They tell me that the original elderly owner traded it in on a newer machine, and he elected not to get a loader because he never used the one he had. Supposedly it was gone through and fully serviced upon the trade in, and the only flaw is a small crack in the hood which has been repaired such that it shouldn't crack further.

I make the 4.5 hour trip to pick it up tomorrow. Thanks for all the help guys!

/ Garden/Compact Tractor Recommendations Please #33  
Sounds great. Congrats on the new tractor. Be sure and post pics when you get it or we will send Bruno over to your place to beat you up. :D

/ Garden/Compact Tractor Recommendations Please #35  
It looks great! Enjoy!