What do I do with my old Belarus tractor

/ What do I do with my old Belarus tractor #1  

Kevin_in_VA

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC30 Hydro
I have a Belarus 250AS that I can't use. The tractor engine runs like a top, all the hydraulics work perfectly, and it has a rear and mid PTO that are strong. It ran great until about two years ago then the clutch started slipping. I just can't engage it enough to put it into gear when it is running, but it will go into gear when it is stopped (not much use in that). I have adjusted it all I can, but to no avail. The clock shows 425 hrs, but may have been changed out a few years ago (I am the second owner). It came with the house and property when we bought it back in 1997.

I bought a new NH TC30 last fall, and the Belarus is just taking up space in my barn. I looked into fixing the clutch, but the nearest dealer is over 100 miles away, and the total price for fixing it would be more than 2000.00 including transportation. Who would be interested in this tractor? I feel like I've got a hot potato.

Kevin

/ What do I do with my old Belarus tractor #2  
Run an add in the local paper or equipment trader. Ask a fair price. Tell everyone who calls about the clutch problem. Someone willing to put in there own labor can repair it for far less than $2k.

I guess your next ? is whats a far price? DAMIDK (don't ask me I don't know)

/ What do I do with my old Belarus tractor #3  
Read something years ago "Once you own one you'll always own one because no one will buy it from you"just joking of course.Surely there must be someone that could install a clutch themselves and have a tractor for I'm sure a reasonable price.I know of a few people that have Belarus and do get a fair amount of work from them.

/ What do I do with my old Belarus tractor #4  
One thing I learned a while back is that for everything you don't want, there is a buyer, somewhere. You just have to find them.

I'll second the idea of putting an ad in the local trade paper. If you just want to get rid of it, put a dollar value in there you could live with and say something like "clutch needs work". I'll bet you will have lots of calls.

/ What do I do with my old Belarus tractor #5  
Strip it and sell it for parts?
Mark

/ What do I do with my old Belarus tractor #6  
Kevin:

It's a good day for learn'n don't ya think? bust the sucker in half and put a new clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing in for around maybe 3-500 green backs....if you succed...you got two tractors or a tractor that will sell faster... if not then sell it for parts or scrap it. and say....dang I ain't going to try that again any time soon!!!!

Whiskey

/ What do I do with my old Belarus tractor #7  
Take a few good quality digital pictures and list it at eBay. You have a worldwide audience and sooner or later it will sell.

/ What do I do with my old Belarus tractor #8  
Or an attempt for you to send your bank info to Nigeria... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ What do I do with my old Belarus tractor #9  
You might try Beverage Tractor in Stuarts Draft, Va south of Waynesboro. They have some there and might be interested in it.

Ralph

/ What do I do with my old Belarus tractor #10  
there is not a real big market for that tractor, but if u keep the price reasonable, and are patient i am sure u will get someone to buy it. just make sure they know about the clutch problem.