Pricing question on new 2014 M9960 Kubota

/ Pricing question on new 2014 M9960 Kubota #21  
I agree with TripleR. Kubota, NH, JD, etc. all make good tractors. When deciding on which one to purchase, it comes down to the features that you must have; likes and dislikes of the models you are considering; dealer attitude / service and of course, the $$ it will cost. In the OP's situation, the 9960 may be his best bang for the buck, all things considered.

/ Pricing question on new 2014 M9960 Kubota #22  
The NH T4.95 is equivalant to the Case IH Farmall 95C. When I was shopping late last year, the pricing was much better on the NH than the Case. The only difference is color and minor cosmetic things such as the bonnet shape, etc.

/ Pricing question on new 2014 M9960 Kubota
I'm on a seesaw.:dance1: Till now my Kubota dealer is also a Caseih dealer. this dealer was bought out and now Kubota will be passed on to someone else. I have a concern about dealer support later on. I like the transmission and the steering on the Kubota but the 95C is a heavier which translates into more stable ( yes I can add 700 lbs wheel weights but makes the price difference smaller) 95C has air ride seat, swivel seat, buddy seat, better joystick, although they are both Quicke loaders. I dont like the soft floor in the kubota. I thot I had made up my mind. The Deere is too much and NH is higher than Case.

/ Pricing question on new 2014 M9960 Kubota #24  
The Case 95C sure sounds like a nice machine, you can get an air ride in the Kubota, but there goes the price differential. You can put a buddy seat in the Kubota, but it's not an option, other owners have gone another route. We traded a Case CX80 in for our M8540 and there is a significant weight difference, but on our hill farms we can't tell any difference in stability. The Kubota needs more weight on the back for good loader work on hills though. In the end as mentioned less or more weight can be a benefit or not depending on your uses.

The Case sure looks good for your situation.

Thx guys. I know I'm gonna do mostly loader work with this purchase. I considered a used M7060 until I tried it with loader work and quickly ruled that out. Way to unstable moving gravel etc. compared to a Deere 5083.

/ Pricing question on new 2014 M9960 Kubota #26  
Welcome to the world of deciding which tractor to buy! It is stressfull and fun all at the same time. Anytime you are doing FEL work you will need adequate rear ballast on the 3PT. This not only adds stability but reduces wear and tear on the front axle components. Another point for consideration: compare the front axle structural bracing on the 9960 and the Case / NH. IMO, Case / NH is more robust. Also, IMO, the Kubota bevel gear system front end has more parts to wear than the Case / NH or John Deere since they employ an u-joint system. As I stated in an earlier post, it comes down to which tractor has the most "must have features" and fewest "dislike" features coupled with dealer service / support and price. Take a little time, be deliberate and operate each one. Your choice will begin to become clear. Good luck!

/ Pricing question on new 2014 M9960 Kubota #27  
To throw a wrench in the works, how does the Massey compare? I'm waiting for a chance to check one out before I do anything with the 'bota.

I drove the Kubota today again. It has the Quike self leveling loader. I don't like how they mounted the joystick in the cab. I think I could fairly easily change it. It had a 83" bucket and I drove into a pile of gravel and just about had a heart attack!! I started lifting and the back end just lifted off, and to one side at that as I didn't drive in straight. I think I would put some ballast in the tires and also wheel weights for that to feel comfortable. I would also want to buy a 73" bucket to do gravel and earth work and then a bigger one for chicken manure and snow. I also tried the 95C but it has the Case non leveling loader. Much more stable in the back as it has wheel weights and all around heavier. Seemed to me like it didn't have as much low end torque. In my head?? If I want a self leveling it would have to be a Quike and he couldn't tell me how they would mount the joystick.

As for Massey, I have thot about it but my closest dealer is at least an hour away. Are they much different than Farmall or NH? Isn't that the same company? Lots of questions. Some of my problem is I'm used to a JD so everything is different than what I'm used to.

Last edited: