Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX-22

Default Value of a 1920ís McCormick-Deering Farmall

I found this auction on eBay and was wondering as to the value of this tractor. From the description, it sounds like a good buy, but I don't know much about the values of older machinery such as this. Can someone help me with some values.... thanks.... eBay auction web page

Tractor
    JD 2210 JD318 JD332

Default Re: Value of a 1920ís McCormick-Deering Farmall

Junkman,
    I have no idea of the value either, but something that old and in less than perfect condition, value will be determined by what someone that must have it is willing to pay. This is one of the best features of eBay just list it and see what the market will bring. Looks to be a lot of bidding activity and still lots of time left. It is an auction so all you have to have is two people that want it with deep pockets and the price could go sky high.
    Just be careful if they ask you to send payment to Outer Mongolia and offer free shipping. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Ken

Veteran Member
    Cherry Valley, New York (near Cooperstown, NY)
    Tractor
    Kubota L4630, with cab and loader, 1951 Ferguson TO-20, 1986 Ford 5610 with loader

Default Re: Value of a 1920’s McCormick-Deering Farmall

Junkman, ask that question on the Farmall forum on Yesterdaystractors.com

I'm sure you'll get a good answer.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2003 BX2200

Default Re: Value of a 1920ís McCormick-Deering Farmall

Hi Junkman,

I once owned my wife's granddad's first tractor, a 29 McCormack model 15-30 (or 22-36 as it was commonly known). The model refers to the drawbar and pto horsepower.

It was a BEAST! Looked like the big brother of the one on ebay. Many of the engine components looked simliar, though smaller on this smaller tractor.

I was able to find a carb kit, including the cork float, which was DUST in the bottom of the carb on mine. It was reasonable, I thought, at about $60. Found it online via a guy who'd bought up old dealer inventory, so I think parts are there.
    Mine weighed 7,000 pounds--it was a big ag tractor. Radiator weighed 250#! Though smaller, this thing is likely heavy as well.

I'd be concerned with two things: Are the rear wheels too wide to fit on a trailer? It looks wide to me.
    This tractor probably came out on steel wheels, so someone's converted it to rubber, which makes it worth less as a collectible. I don't know the models of that era well enough to know if this is a rare one or a common one, which would influence price. If it costs you over $1K to buy this one, you could expect to put more into it for parts, and if you consider your labor at all, you'd probably be able to find one restored for about the same money and avoid the hassle of doing it.

Mine had a loose piston pin, due to grandpa's homegrown overhaul (we found the used parts in a pile on the farm!), so one cylinder sleeve was worn half in two and had an incredible amount of blowby.

Incidentally, the colors back then were like battleship Gray for the tractor and Red for the rims for Mc's!

I was able to find a reproduction set of decals for mine, and some parts from a salvage yard, so stuff is out there. I could also have purchased reproduction new rear fenders for mine (in 1985) for about $300 a set.

Agree with the advice to ask the guys that deal in the old stuff. Watching this old stuff, and even working on it is fun for me. But driving it is NOTHING like running my Bota!