Comparison Kioti NX5010 vs Kubota L4701

/ Kioti NX5010 vs Kubota L4701 #21  
This thread is the most ruthless demolition of the basic L series versus Kioti I have ever seen. All absolutely correct. The L can't stand up to the Kioti CK, DK, or NX series, which it equals in price. That's the reason I have a Kioti. To equal Kioti, you need the GL, which a lot more money.

To the OP, the DK40 is a great tractor, but something concerns me here. You started with a 50HP tractor, and now are looking at a 40HP tractor. Money talks, but if you need that 10HP, you will likely regret it later. If you don't need that 10HP, why did you start at 50?

Also, I think you said the tractors were at 33K. If that's an open station, it's high by several thousand for the going price. Closer to 30 is more like it.

I disagree completely, I love the way you Kioti guys live to hammer Kubota. My neighbor who owns the 50 acres adjacent to me, and who loves my Kubota's asked me to go with him and look at a Kioti dealer almost two hours away. I honestly had no reason to want to go as I told him to buy a Kubota. But, he's a great neighbor and I wanted to see what all of the fuss is you guys make over a Kioti. Long story short, I wouldn't buy a Kioti at 2/3 the price of a Kubota, as I found them to be value engineered to borderline cheap. My neighbor agreed and has since bought a new Kubota MX series, ( he didn't really like the L's ) and couldn't afford going to the Grand series. Anyway, take what you read with a grain of salt around here...

/ Kioti NX5010 vs Kubota L4701 #22  
Nope, not changed...SSQA would be standard on a DK series, but extra on an L series

Dang, I forgot to mention the standard SSQA on the DK series - that's probably the most important "goodie" of all.

/ Kioti NX5010 vs Kubota L4701 #23  
I disagree completely, I love the way you Kioti guys live to hammer Kubota. My neighbor who owns the 50 acres adjacent to me, and who loves my Kubota's asked me to go with him and look at a Kioti dealer almost two hours away. I honestly had no reason to want to go as I told him to buy a Kubota. But, he's a great neighbor and I wanted to see what all of the fuss is you guys make over a Kioti. Long story short, I wouldn't buy a Kioti at 2/3 the price of a Kubota, as I found them to be value engineered to borderline cheap. My neighbor agreed and has since bought a new Kubota MX series, ( he didn't really like the L's ) and couldn't afford going to the Grand series. Anyway, take what you read with a grain of salt around here...

Hey, I LOVE Kubota tractors. I own two of them. But when comparing the standard "L" series to the Kioti DK__SE series, it would be unfair and disingenuous to not mention the extras you get with the Kioti. If he was comparing the Kioti DK__SE series to the Kubota Grand L series, it would be unfair and disingenuous not to mention the auto-throttle and high-low settings in each transmission range that the Grand L has over the DK series.

You say you "found them to be value engineered to borderline cheap." Care to explain what you found about them that was value engineered to borderline cheap? I certainly can't say I've noticed anything about my Kioti that seems substandard to any other comparable tractor I've looked at (and I shopped a LOT of tractors before I bought mine, including the Kubota L4740).

I'm sure there's a certain amount of chain yanking going on in your post, but I don't understand blind brand loyalty.

/ Kioti NX5010 vs Kubota L4701 #24  
Hee, hee, well, I'm a Kubota guy too, and have been for 22 yrs. :thumbsup: Terrific tractors, and you won't hear me bashing them. In fact, to Steppenwolfe's comment, I don't see that going on in this thread, and rarely anywhere else on TBN since I've been here. Well, o.k., TJP89 did say "ruthless demolition", but I saw no demolition at all, much less ruthless. :confused: As others have said, a fairer comparison of models is the Grand L series to the NX series. So the L4760 to the NX4510 or NX5010. That's what I concluded after extensive tractor shopping 1-1/2 years ago. Ended up going with the NX4510. I'm sure I would have been quite happy with the L4760, and I'm fortunate enough that at this point in my life the $8,000 extra in cost was a very minor factor. Just preferred the feel and features of the NX. So far, I've never regretted the decision.

/ Kioti NX5010 vs Kubota L4701
To the OP, the DK40 is a great tractor, but something concerns me here. You started with a 50HP tractor, and now are looking at a 40HP tractor. Money talks, but if you need that 10HP, you will likely regret it later. If you don't need that 10HP, why did you start at 50?

Also, I think you said the tractors were at 33K. If that's an open station, it's high by several thousand for the going price. Closer to 30 is more like it.

I actually started with an NX4510 HST but the dealership has an NX5010 HST in stock and would 'sell it' for the same price as the NX4510 so I figured, sounds good to me.

The DK40SE/DK45SE has been on my mind as well simply because I am finding them pre-owned around my area.

I was quoted about $35k for the NX5010HST with loader, backhoe, mid-pto and a 2nd hydro valve. Too high?

/ Kioti NX5010 vs Kubota L4701 #26  
Now thats funny !!! Tell us all about the value engineered (kioti)borderline cheap,love to hear it.I also own kubota products let me say they have not been flawless by any means.

/ Kioti NX5010 vs Kubota L4701 #27  
I have owned 2 Kubota tractors recently an B7500 and and L3400hst. Both good tractors (well there was that 3pt thing on the standard L). I am not bashing Kubota tractors at all. They are good tractors... Just don't want anyone to compare the Kubota standard tractor to the deluxe Kioti tractor that's all. Kioti has a standard line of tractor too, just like Kubota has a deluxe line of tractors. Borderline cheap? BS. As pointed out by others the Kubota HST in the Grand L's is a generation above the DK series Kioti. But you do pay for that.

/ Kioti NX5010 vs Kubota L4701 #28  
My impression from everything I have read on TBN is that Kubota is maybe a little more refined/advanced in a couple areas, but Kioti has a completely solid product and they are being aggressive on price to grow their market share. I suspect they won't always be discounted so heavily in the future, so it's a good time to hop on the bandwagon.

To me, the real important thing is for the OP to shop comparable tractors and test drive them all. I know that made a big impression on me, independent of price. I was perfectly willing to spend more on a Deere when I bought my first compact tractor, since I already had a smaller Deere and the dealer is 4 miles from me. But I found I liked the Kubotas better, and the fact that I was getting more tractor for about the same money was just a bonus. I would not pick a tractor primarily on price, though that tends to weigh heavily.

/ Kioti NX5010 vs Kubota L4701 #29  

Value engineered, border line cheep? Please explain that to me carefully because I looked very closely at both brands as well as did some friends and some of us have Degrees that actually mean when we say something about how well something is engineered it means more than someone on the computer who has a bias towards a particular brand. A Harley rider will always tell you that Harley is the best but a smart motorcyclist who happens to own a Harley will tell you otherwise in spite of their personal choice!

All brands have their strong points and their week points but with the exception of some of the deere models that are actually value engineered to a price point and the Chinese brands I looked at I would not use the words cheep to describe any part on a Kubota or a Kioti as I found them both to be a well built machine with very few points of concern from an engineering standpoint.

/ Kioti NX5010 vs Kubota L4701 #30  
Kioti's electrical connectors are cheap, brittle, prone-to-breaking-when-disconnected knock-offs of the industry gold-standard Delphi weatherpac and metripac connectors. They're awful.

Despite my early reluctance to admit it, and while remaining steadfast in my views that Kubota's new single-button menu system stinks, Kubota's two-speed HST is better. On the other hand, the L6060 would have died doing the work I'm doing with my NX6010, and the NX has a nicer control layout in the cab to boot.

Shame on Kioti for using cheap, prone-to-break, multi-pin electrical connectors.